~ Chapter 22 ~

It was about quarter past 8 when I checked the clock the next morning. I blamed jet lag for pretty much everything when I was getting ready. Walking into the wall, putting on the wrong shoe.

Everything.

I checked my phone and saw I got a text from Harry.

Harry<3: Emergency photo shoot this morning -_- I'll call you later once it's done. I love you xxx

Me: Okay have fun tell the boys I say hi! Love you too xxx

I quickly took off my shoes and went back to sleep next to Brooklyn.

"Libby wake up. It's 12:30." I heard Brooklyn say. I rolled over onto my side away from her.

"Lib I hate jet lag, too. But you need to get up! We had requirements as bridesmaids, like actually meeting the bride and groom!"

"So I have to physically get up?"

"Yes. Yes you do." I rolled out of bed and straight over where she was standing, gave her an evil eye, and proceeded to the fridge. I opened the door to see normal items, when something caught my eye.

A bottle of beer.

"Uh...Brooklyn?"

"Yeah, love?"

"Did you put this in here?" She walked over to where I was standing and gasped. We just froze there for minutes until a familiar voice came through the door.

"DAD!" I yelled at him.

"Hi Sweetheart! Hi Brooklyn!"

"No. Father, I can't believe you." He set his jacket down on the couch and came over to where we were. I pointed to the thing in the fridge, and his face expression didn't change.

"Oh, that? My poker buddies came over a couple of nights ago and Jeff left that there. Sweetheart, I wouldn't drink it."

"Oh, really? Where were you last night?"

"The AA group had a sleepover at the headquarter's building. We played games almost all night. Here," He held out his phone. "Call Patricia. She was there."

I closed the refrigerator door, moved his hand out of the way, and gave him a hug.

"I missed you, Sweetheart."

"I missed you, too, Dad." After catching up with him about everything Brooklyn dragged me out of the apartment across the hall. She knocked on the door and an attractive man with only trousers on.

"Bonjour, ladies." He said.

"We were in London. Not Paris. Nice try, Christian." I said.

"It was worth a shot." He said as he shrugged. Brooklyn and I gave him a hug as we walked into the apartment.

I noticed Maddie was sitting at the table, surrounded in bridal magazines.

"I thought you have everything planned out." Brooklyn said. "We do, I just can't find a dress!"

"Really?"

"Really." Maddie and Christian said at the same time.

"How about after we talk, Lib and I kidnap you and take you shopping?" 

And so after we told them everything about London for the second time in one day, we grabbed our purses from the other rooms and took the Subway down to the Fashion District. Maddie, Brooklyn and I went inside every store that sold bridal gowns.

By 7:30 we were about to die because of the dress overload, except Madison wanted to try one more store. It was the place where we got our prom dresses, so we went inside and to the bridal section.

A lady met us there and guided me and Brook to a couch while Maddie to a dressing room to pick out dresses. There were complimentary cookies, so we each had one.

Once Maddie came out with her first, then her second, and by the 6th we were full on cookies to pay attention. But number 7 was the one we dropped our cookies on.

Maddie...was a princess. She was wearing a one-shoulder, white wedding dress that was a pick up type, with billions of rhinestones. It fit her perfectly.

She looked absolutely brilliant.

"Wow." Brook said.

"You like it?" We nodded with our mouths hanging right open.

"That's an understatement."

Her face lit up. "Really?"

"Have you looked in the mirror yet?" She shook her head no. The lady helper guided her to the closest mirror.

Once she looked at herself, Madison started tearing up. We ran to her side and gave her the biggest hug ever.

"I love it." She said.

Maddie got out of her dress and she paid for it with her credit card.

We took the Subway back, which was awkward carrying around a wedding dress all over the city.

Once we arrived at our apartment, Maddie gave us kisses goodnight, and headed up the stairs.

"You staying the night again?"

"No I have to get home to my parents. They want to see me."

"Okay, let me hail you a cab. I don't want you to walk alone in the dark."

I, being the good New Yorker that I am, hailed a cab in less that a minute. I opened the door for her, but before she came in she gave me a ginormous hug.

"I love you, Brooklyn."

"I love you, too, Libby."

"Get home safe. Text me when you get home."

"Yes, mother."

I let go and smiled. "Go. The meter's running."

"Bye!" She said as she drove away. I climbed up the stairs, punched in the code, and climbed up to the stairs to my door, 3A. I put the key in the door and walked in.

"Dad, I'm h-" My dad wasn't the only one in the room.

"Liam. Harry. What the..."

"Hi Sweetheart."

"Uh...hi. What are you guys doing here?"

"I wanted to meet your father." Harry said.

"And I wanted to see him."

"I-I-I could've called you guys. Or-or you could've ca-called."

"Libby, are you okay?"

My heart was beating fast. The room started to spin. I hit the ground when the world went black.

************************************************************************************************

Hey, guys!

Sorry I haven't updated in FOREVER! It's just that school is started and I won't get that much time to write anymore.

I'll try as much as possible! Blame my stupid teachers...

But this chapter was pretty boring I know. I have like no inspiration. I literally have it during class which is annoying!

Did you like the twist at the end? Oh I know you did...

But, really. DO YOU LIKE IT?!?!

Besides that I mentioned that I reached 1,000 reads a week ago. Guys, that's amazing. I am so happy! YOU GUYS ROCK!

All in all, I love you.

Honestly, I do.

I would ask each of you to marry me, but I have a fiance named Paige. She told me that she loved one of my favorite TV shows. So I proposed. Plus I've known her since we were 10 or 11.

So, yeah.

KEEP VOTING AND COMMENTING!

~ quietprincess