~ Chapter 26 ~

"Danielle and I broke up."

There was dead silence on both ends of the line.

"What do you mean 'Danielle and I broke up'?"

Liam sniffled. "Exactly how it sounded. Dani and I are no longer together. It was a mutual agreement, and we are no longer a couple."

I was speechless.

"Uh..um..." No words could come out of my mouth.

I finally collected myself to say something.

"I'm so sorry. Was it because of the hate?"

"That was one of the things."

I exhaled rather loud. "Want me to come over?"

"Yes, please. You are practically the only face I want to see right now."

I grabbed my purse from the coffee table and my phone and ran down the stairs instead of taking the elevator.

When I got to the lobby I was out of breath and saw TONS of paparazzi outside the door.

"Yikes." I said.

There was one of the boy's security guards by the door.

"Miss Payne, may I escort you to the 1D mansion?"

"They paid you to say that, didn't they?"

"I don't mind."

He held the door open for me and pushed all the paparazzi aside.

I followed the large man to the other building and ran up those stairs to their apartment.

I knock on the door and Harry opened it.

"Hey beautiful."

Wow. He was so good looking. I leaned up to kiss him and let go.

"Where is he?"

"His room. Ice cream is in the freezer."

"Thank you."

Harry moved from the doorway to let me pass through. Only Louis was sitting on the couch.

"El at Dani's?" I asked him.

"Of course." He said, without taking his eyes of the news.

I grabbed the ice cream from the freezer, grabbed a spoon and a fork, and headed across the room.

I knocked on Liam's door and I heard a faint, "Come in."

When I opened the door, there was tissues covering his bed. I dropped my stuff on his table and carried the Vanilla ice cream and the plastic utensils to him.

"Here," I said as I held out the tub and fork to him.

We really didn't talk much that night. We just ate and watched Mean Girls on replay.

Although that seemed like a horrible idea, it was the best night I ever had in a while.