~ Chapter 14 ~

Let's dance in style,
Let's dance for a while,
Heaven can wait we're only watching the skies,
Hoping for the best but expecting the worst,
Are you gonna drop the bomb or not?

Let us die young or let us live forever,
We don't have the power but we never say never,
Sitting in a sandpit,
Life is a short trip,
The music's for the sad man.

Forever young,
I wanna be,
Forever young,
Do you really want to live forever,
Forever,
Forever young.

I grabbed my pillow the next morning from under me and threw it at one of them.

"Hey!" I heard Louis say.

"Why are you singing to us in order to wake us up?" Brooklyn said.

"Well...why not?" Niall said.

I sat up and said, "Thanks boys, but can you leave? We need to get dressed."

"Ok, fine. But we are going to an interview in about two to three hours. It's the Alan Carr Show, so I suggest you look him up so you know what to expect." Liam said.

They left the room as Brook and I got out of bed and got changed. I took a shower and once I was done I saw Brooklyn looking at my laptop. She was laughing and smiling a lot.

"Funny show?" I asked.

"He is like Ellen DeGeneres, but male form!" We watched one of his interviews with the boys and they had a dance off. It was one of the funniest things I have seen in a while.

We got dressed, me in white top with a black bow on the side and black jeans, white sandals, hoop earrings and a fedora. I never took off Harry's necklace from yesterday, so I kept that on, brushed my hair and I turned to Brooklyn. She had on a violet frilly tank top, white jeans and flats, pearls, an earring cuff, and her hair pulled back in a fish tail.

We examined eachother and gave thumbs up in agreement.

I grabbed my phone and pulled it in my back pocket as she did the same. We walked outside to see everyone, including El, and Dani in the living room. They were wearing their signature looks, and sitting around.

"Where's Perrie?" I asked.

"She's at a rehearsal." I gave Zayn a look. "She's in a band, too. Little Mix? Heard of them?" Brooklyn and I shook our heads no. She looked at the two girls in the corner and asked, "Wait, then what do you two do?"

"I'm a dancer."

"I got my job back at Hollister, thanks to a certain someone in the fedora." Brooklyn looked at me and I smiled at her.

We all piled out of the flat and into separate cars. Liam, Danielle, Louis, Eleanor, and Zayn rode in Liam's car while Harry drove Niall, Brooklyn and I in his. I rode shotgun with Niall and Brooklyn in the back, holding hands. They reminded me of Harry and I, which is why Harry slying grabbed my hand and put it on my thigh.

We drove to their lot and got passed the fans and paparazzi and inside the studio. The stage was blue, with a couch and TVs and a home atmosphere.

"Ello boys!" A man came rushing over to us.

"Alan! How are you, mate?" Louis let go of El's hand to give Alan Carr a hug, along with the rest of the boys.

"10 minutes, alright boys?" Paul came up behind us and said. They all nodded, and we headed to the green room. The girls sat on the couch while the boys stood by another door lined up in a row.

"Door to the stage?" Brook asked, and Zayn nodded.

The TV screen came on, And it was Alan with a makeup artist. Harry opened the door.

"In 5, 4, 3, 2..."

"Welcome back. Are first guest this evening, is a very famous boy band here in Great Britain. No, not The Wanted or the Jonas Brothers. It's One Direction!" I saw Harry wink at me as they walked down the set of stairs to meet him and give hugs. They sat on the couch and Alan asked how everyone was doing, how the fans have been, basic interview questions.

And then, 8 minutes later, the bomb dropped.

"So I hear the girls of 1D are here in the studio, correct?"

"Oh crap." I heard all of us say at once.

"Yeah. They are backstage." Louis said.

"Okay, girls. Here's the gameplan. Nothing to personal. Some interviewers just want to eat us alive. If it gets too personal look at any of the boys or even me and one of us will somehow change the subject. Okay?" We all nodded to Danielle, which stood up and walked to the door.

We followed behind her in a line of our own. I was last, and closest to the TV. "Would you like to see them?" Alan said as he faced the audience.

"YES!" They screamed back at him.

"You ready?" Dani said as she turned around and faced us. We all nodded in unison.

"Alright, introducing the girls of One Direction!" She opened up the door and we headed down the stairs to be met by hugs from Alan and the rest of the boys. They all got us and they told us to take their places on the couch. I sat closest to Alan, but I felt secure when Dani sat next to me and Harry stood behind me and put his hands on my shoulders.

"Alright so girls go down the row and say your name starting with you." He pointed at me so I said, "Libby Payne."

"Danielle Peazer."

"Brooklyn Anderson."

"Eleanor Calder."

"And Perrie isn't here right now." I heard Zayn say.

"Now Libby and Brooklyn are from America, right?"

"Brooklyn is, but I'm actually from upper England, but I moved to America when I was young."

"And you are Liam's brother?" I nodded, and looked at him, who smiled.

"Danielle, you are a dancer?"

"Yes. I've have been dancing since like forever."

He asked all of us questions about ourselves, and then the bomb dropped again.

"Is it true that you have scars, Libby?"

I froze.

I had no idea how to reply or what to say. I looked down at the ground and nodded. Harry squeezed my shoulder. I just looked from the ground and directly at him. I didn't want to talk about it infront of him or on television, so I asked him, "Is it true that you like to dance?"

He got a big smile on his face and said, "Hit it!" and Sexy and I Know It came on.

We all got up and started dancing randomly. "We'll be right back!" Alan shouted over the song.

"And cut." The director said. We all stopped dancing, and I immediately ran up the stairs to the green room and sat on the couch and started to cry. I heard a knock on the door.

"Libby it's Alan. Can we talk for a minute?" I got up from the couch and opened the door as he came inside. We both sat on the couch and he apologised. I forgave him and told him it was a very touching subject for me.

He understood and eventually we let the others in. No one said anything about it. We just left the studio silence and headed home, where I sat on my bed all day and cried, not knowing what to do anymore.