Chapter 23

An alarm clock started to ring full blast just when I screamed and jumped out of the hammock on the left side.

I groan, rubbing my head and open my eyes. There was a shell shaped clock that said 6:30 A.M on Raph's shelf as I get up and reach to press the middle button and turn it off.

I scratch my hair on my part, looking at the hammock knowing that Raph was not there. I never knew he would get up before his usual time, 12:08 P.M. I sigh and stretch my arms and head out of the room.

I see that the door is open, so I just walk out and look left (Leo and Mikey's room) and their doors were closed. They must be really exhausted compared to Raph. I look to my right to see if Donny was up, door closed as well. He does work on his whatchamacallits a lot, I don't blame him.

I look straight ahead, (Sensei's dojo) and it's halfway open. I head straight forward and knock twice to see if it's occupied.

No reply.

I turn around, heading to the bathroom.

"Enter." It was Sensei.

I stop to turn around and enter the dojo. I see Sensei sitting in his favorite spot, both hands on the tip of his walking stick looking straight at me. I look at my left and see Raph on the floor, twiddling hi fingers, looking down, not looking at me, embarrassed.

I hesitate and quickly bow to Sensei.

"W-welcome back, Sensei. It's really good to see you again."

"Same for you, Ms. Claresa. Sit."

I walk toward Sensei and sit M style right next to Raph. I hope Sensei doesn't know about 'that.' I hope not.

"Your school called your grandfather last night. It is reopening again."

I gasp with my nose and interrupt. "B-but what about the Foot?! How are they sure they are not there anymore, there could be some on the perimeter or-"

"The school provided surveillance cameras and highly lethal police officers to guard the school and the people inside, more likely, you."

"M-me?"

"Yes, the news reported you missing a few days ago and your grandfather has called, saying his 'brother' (Sensei) found you and is holding you under protection. You should thank him for doing such a heroic thing."

"I-I will and thank you for taking care of me for the past three months, it's a pleasure."

I smile and bow to where my nose meets the rug that I'm sitting on.

Raph looks at me and scoffs with embarrassment. And smiles a little.

"The honor is all mine. Your school will start tomorrow, November 4, 8:45 A.M. and will end at 1:15 P.M. and Raphael," Sensei puts his right hand on Raph's left shoulder, " will watch over you for certain circumstances."

I look down, heart beating like crazy and close my eyes.

"Don't worry about the supplies, your grandfather took care of that last week. Better thank him for that, as well."

I giggled. "I will, I promise."

"You are both dismissed."

Raph and I bow at the same time and exit the dojo.

We both whew in relief.

"That was close." Raph said rubbing his head from the sweat.

"It was just luck. Besides, I have to go to Grampa's so that I can thank him for all the pressure I've put him through." I said in a attitude and walk to the bathroom.

Raph grabs my arm, making me stop and I turn around.

"You feeling alright?" He asks concerned.

I sigh with my nose and close my droopy eyes.

"Yeah. Just tired, gotta wash my face and get ready. Don't want to keep Grampa waiting."

"You mean that old-"

I quickly grab his arm that was grabbed, do the uncle trick, trip his legs behind his back an snap my voice.

"IF YOU EVER CALL ANYONE FOR ANY REASON OLD, I WILL KNOCK YOU OUT SO HARD THAT YOU WISH YOU WEREN'T EVEN BORN, YOU BASTARD!!!

I burst into tears, but my voice is still strict and not hiccupy.

"HE IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY I'M IN NEW YORK. HE'S THE REASON WHY MY PARENTS ARE NOT EVEN IN PLANET EARTH!! IF YOU WOULD LISTEN MORE TO SENSEI'S PAST, YOU WOULDN'T BE SUCH A SELFISH TEENAGE BRAT!!!!"

I couldn't take it anymore. My voice starts to crack from the pain in my chest and I let go of Raph's grasp.

He gets up, holding his arm and turns to look at me frowning.

He looks down and dashed into his room, making no comment. Slamming his door shut and silence flowing through me and the whole room.