Chapter 24

I closed the bathroom door, turned on the water faucet and stare at myself in the mirror.

I stare at my dark red, silver eyes, reflection glowing on the glass and made my eyes wide.

I took a few steps back, panicking and slapped my face with both of my shaking hands, eyes closed shut, trying to not scream from looking at the scary color.

I open them and slowly face the mirror. The color is back to a bright brown. I start to shake and let tears flow down like a heavy waterfall.

What am I becoming?! M-my eyes are like a monster. I am a monster. I hurt Raph again and he may be mad at me for making a big deal out of everything. I could've at least made a look or said 'What did you say?' But no, I physically hurt him with actions. I didn't even think about doing that. I-I don't know what to do anymore. I-I can't, it's too much.

I wipe my tears with the water that was running and turn off the switch.

I dry my face off with an orange towel that was hanging on a rack right next to the sink on the right side of the bathroom.

Mikey.

The color of the towel, the color of his headband reminds me of him. So bright, so delicate, so pretty.

I shake my head and walk out of the bathroom, closing the door lightly and head to the kitchen.

I smell eggs and bacon as I head to the kitchen, then I stop.

That same very smell, the smell that Grampa would always make for me before I would be on my way to school as a kid.

Now that things are a little different, I guess you can say I still cherish those memories by might, but not by soul.

I went to the kitchen and see Mikey humming a theme. It sounds familiar.

The Olympics.

Mikey turns around and looks at me with a huge smile showing his huge, white teeth, happy.

"Goooood mornin, Clare. How'd you sleep?"

"G-good, you?" I said in a stutter.

He giggles with his eyes shut.

"I slept fine, thanks for asking. Want some eggs?"

"I'd love some." I said with a small grin.

"Alright then, two eggs coming up!" Then Mikey turned around, humming that theme again. I decided to ask just in case.

"Are you... humming the Olympics theme?"

Mikey flips the eggs like pancakes, smiling, "It seems appropriate! You watch it?"

"As a kid. I don't have network anymore."

"WHAT?!" Mikey yelled out facing me, not paying attention to the eggs burning his hand.

"MIKEY, YOUR HAND!!!" I yelled out with both of my hands covering my mouth.

Mikey swipes his hand back and forth to cool off the heat that made a small mark.

"A-aha, oww!" Mikey whining from the pain and falls to the ground.

I quickly turned off the stove and kneel down holding his hand.

"Let me see it." I said calmly.

He starts to shake as I try to touch the burn mark that's a brownish, green color and whimpers.

"It's ok, just a burn. Be glad it's no cut or scar." I said wrapping a bandage that was around my waist. (I use bandage cloths as my belt, try it, no pain and no mark.)

"T-thanks, Clare. Your the best."

I smile and kiss his hand.

He has a pinkish color for his blush and giggles, rubbing his head with his good hand.

"Anytime, Mikey." I said smiling.

We both get up, clean the mess on the stove, and eat the half burnt eggs. They're actually pretty good.

"Nice eggs." I said with my mouth full.

"Thanks! First try for sunny side style. Hope you can make it to your Grampa's apartment in time."

"No rush. It won't hurt to stay at least fifteen minutes with my best buds in the whole wide world." I said swallowing the mushed eggs.

Mikey sniffle a little bit and gets out of his chair and hugs me so tight that I can hardly breathe.

"Thanks for being the best buddy ever! You're the only one who has ever treated me like a true buddy! I wish there are more people like you who are so nice and adorable!" Mikey bursts out crying his head off.

I stand frozen, over thinking of what Mikey just said.

Best buddy ever!

I let the tears flow through me again and squeezed my arms around Mikey's and close my eyes, choking on my breathing.

"I hope you never change, Mikey! P- please don't ever, buddy.