Chapter 13

- "Haven't you said that things have gone easy until now?" - Shadow sentence was the closest that he can get to humor.

- "Yeah, things have really gone easy until now you know. But how the fuck can I possibly guess that thousands of these creatures would attack us just before we reach fucking Aquitaine?" - SG said as he finished another one mutant.

- "Sorry to interrupt your little conversation but I can use some help here!" - Knuckles was fighting alone with a horde of mutants.

- "Lucky that I have finished with my pals here Knux." - Sonic was ready for more action already.

After an easy but long enough battle Knuckles, Sonic, Shadow and SG have emerged victorious. In the aftermath Sonic was the first to comment something.

- A good battle huh?

- "It doesn't matter. We finished with these fuckers and now we continue. And, tomorrow with the sunset we transform and fly to USA." - Shadow said.

- "And who will be the lucky one to carry Knuckles? I don't think that he can fly without the power of the Master Emerald now that he is on a different dimension. Am I right Knuckles?" - SG asked.

- "Fuck you SG." - Knuckles was not very happy about the fact that he was helpless even to do these.

- "Forget me already." - Shadow was clear and loud about this.

- Guess it's just the two of us SG. And I have a proposition. How about a quick run? The loser must carry Knuckles.

- "I'm in. Even if my opponent is Sonic the Hedgehog, the fastest thing alive." - SG said in a singing voice as he remembered some of the lyrics of the intro of an animated Sonic series.

- Happy to have your appreciation SG. Still I must defeat you.

- Ha-ha we will see about that friend!

- We must save two planets and you are playing games?

- "Shadow is right. Quit this waste of time and take some rest. We have still a long way to go. Mobius and the Master Emerald awaits me." - Knuckles thinking sometimes were like Shadow even if they disagreed most of the times.

And so even though the disagreements of Shadow and Knuckles the two heroes decided to compete each other. The race was a derby for most of its time but in the end, Sonic had no opponent.

- I see that the fame you have wasn't wrong after all.

- Speed is my thing!

- Gotta go fast and faster right Sonic?

- You bet pal!

SG smiled. He knew that together with former heroes and now his brothers in arms he will defeat anyone and anything that will get in his way.