Chapter 17

Our heroes have reached California after ten days of trip early at the noon. They decided to rest so they can storm the building into night to have the element of surprise. The night was cold but luckily for them the mutants mostly gathered near the Hollywood sign at Mount Lee, so they were clear to engage SEGA Headquarters which now served as shelter for some members of the US government and SEGA.

- "I hope that you are ready to do it guys!" - SG voice sounded stable, but his anxiety was already "full deployed".

- "There is nothing to be ready for. We just go find what we like to find and then we will see what comes next." - Sonic replied. Knuckles plan of storming the building and then search for information was the simplest but was approved by all the participants.

- Or we are just kill this idiots and search everything relaxed from thinking that they or the mutants may attack.

- "Shadow that's not a right way to do anything." - Sonic said.

- Whatever. Let's go do our job!

- "Seems quiet from the outside. Just a few guards, the generator shield for the mutants...oh and a few laser cannons. Okay seems like a piece of cake." - SG commented.

- "When something looks so easy usually it turns to be more difficult than it looks." - Sonic were a little bit anxious too. And less optimistic than usual.

- "Okay cut the little chit-chat. Let's go!" - Shadow has given the signal to the team.

They started the attack from just outside the entrance of the left gate. The first defenses and guards fell easily, and they were already inside the first floor of the building.

- "Quick! Everybody split up and search this place." - Shadow ordered but at this exact moment soldiers have emerged from the basement and the upper floors. Our heroes were just in the middle of the fire.

- "Take cover quickly! Damn!" - Shadow said.

- "Don't worry Shadow I have it under control." - Sonic said. - "Just go and I will find you in a while!"

- "Okay let's move, let's move! Shadow, Knuckles move your asses damn it!" - SG yelled.

- It's not proper to run away from a battle...

- We are not running from any battle Knuckles! We are just searching for something more important! - SG answered. - "Now run! Go!"

The three of them have scattered the team that guarded the ladders and then started to search everywhere. But they couldn't move so easily even though Sonic was holding as more of soldiers as he could because were coming for them each time, they thought they done with fighting.

- "Hey, I think I find something." - Shadow and the rest were many floors up already when Shadow see a sign in one double metal enhanced door writing the word 'Archives' upon it.

- "Oh, it has eye recognition too. Never mind don't have time for it." - Shadow used Chaos power to blow up the door as Knuckles and SG have already arrived. So, all together have entered the former archives of SEGA but before that Shadow and SG have activated a Chaos Shield to protect them for some time as they were searching the folders.

- "Haven't anyone thought to put this in a fucking digital form?" - SG said.

- "If they have done that, SG our trip wouldn't have any purpose except of seeing that jerk who call himself a president in a devastated world. Also, it's easier to hack a database than storm a building guarded by many people. At least in normal conditions. Anyway, let's move over there...I think that the sign "Confidential Files" are more relevant with the things that we are looking for." - Shadow said.