Chapter 27

The two sides were deployed in the battlefield in front of the Capitol. And it was the time to honor a tradition of centuries before battle. It was the time that generals, leaders or whoever governs an army give inspiration to the soldiers. And the speeches were very different in the two camps. One was long and with a lot of charges but the other was short and clear. These two speeches had one thing in common though. The flame that slow-burned the heart of the President and SG.

- Today we are not fighting only for us. Today we are not fighting only for our nation. Today we are fighting for the sake of all humankind. We will face a kind of power that we never seen again. But this is the reason that we have Seelkadoom here. His job is to prevail the others from unleashing it into us. And in combination with our military force, I'm sure he will. And don't forget, if you succeed, this is the day that you will speak about to your wives, your sons and daughters, your grandsons and granddaughters for the rest of your life. Because this will be the day that the liberation of Earth started. So, in this fight against traitors and intruders are you with me or not?

The acclamations of the soldiers were incredibly loud immediately when President ended his speech.

- Listen. I'm not a leader. I never thought myself as one even if the situation in my country made me take that role. But I know that someone must speak right now. What we will do today will be written in the pages of history. And you know why? Because different will defeat the same, freedom will defeat tyranny and two planets will liberated simultaneously, by a group of people small in numbers but very big in the willing. For Earth and Mobius!

All the soldiers and heroes have raised their fists up to the sky and said the same words as SG all together as one with the loudest of their voice.

- For Earth and Mobius!

Sonic were responsible for the air front together with the few planes and helicopters of the rebels. SG were leading the front center with Shadow alongside him while Molly was at the left side accompanied from Knuckles. Donald Murton oversaw the right side together with Mina. The rebel soldiers were splitted in these four fronts, but the biggest part was in the land as the needs were higher there.

At the other side Seelkadoom was in the center together with General Corrin, Lieutenant General Allen was leading the right side and Major General Ambrose was the leader of the left side. The air forces were leaded by the President himself.

- "Prepare for take-off!"- Sonic said.

- "At your positions!" - SG yelled.

And finally, President and SG gave the order.

- Charge!

- "First squadron go! On my command!" - President Harry said.

- Copy Red Leader!

- "Give them your best shots guys. We will not have many chances." - Sonic said.

- Copy Blue Leader!

The rebels have decided that Sonic with the help of the other jet fighters will try to take the president captive. His capture will be a hit strong enough to destroy the morale of the USA government soldiers and balance in this way their numeral disadvantage.

The tension of the battle was intense from the beginning, but it was escalating as the time was passing. Molly was holding the left side with Knuckles, who was in a real berserker mode. His thoughts were only for one thing. To avenge. For the Master Emerald. For Mobius. For Vector, for Chris and Cheese.

At the center, just in front of the Capitol, Shadow have already engaged Seelkadoom while SG together with the human rebels were trying to deal with the main part of the enemy army. The battle was heavy but balanced at all sides.