For the love of- King

It was something of week...

When Katie finally agreed to meet up with Gage again and as Gage walked down to the Hospital Cafeteria, he thought of how weird it was that he didn't know where Katie lived.

It was afternoon, AKA the busiest time at Sinai's on a typical day And because this was the busiest time of their day, not many doctors, nurses or medical executives were to be found in the cafeteria.

Gage counted 5 medicals in all and the rest were what Gage assumed to be family members of patients and there in one of the middle tables sat Katie in blue cartoon monkey printed scrubs, her hair twisted up and out into a fish bun and her manicured fingers clasped around a coffee cup.

Gage walked over and pulling out a chair, he sat himself facing Katie quietly. He would wait for her to speak...he would not go first for the way he saw it; Katie owed him an explanation.

Seeming to realize what Gage was pawning for, Katie sighed. " Gage, I'm sorry...about last week."

Gage stared at her for a while and then, sighing, he leaned forward. " I don't want you to be sorry, I just want to know if you're okay, you're acting really frantic."

Behind Katie, Gage spied Dr. Greeley...one of the hospital's heart throbs; He stood there in all of his red headed glory speaking to a woman damn near his height and every once in a while, he threw a glance over at Katie's back.

Gage frowned and looked back at Katie. " maybe meeting my mates was a bit too much for a first date, huh?"

Katie gave a slight jump. " First date?"

In the background, Greeley gave a loud bark of laughter and the woman with him just stood there looking extremely confused.

Gage shrugged. " We went out to a party together, left together- albeit in a hurry- Some people called that a date, love."

Katie's face gained a red tint and she bit her lip. Gage's jaw broadened as a smirk stretched across his lower face, he was leaning over to peck Katie when an eerie muffled beep met their ears.

Gage pulled back very quickly and lifted his scrub shirt slightly and yanked out his beeper, his eyebrows furrowing and his face suddenly becoming serious, he pulled out his buzzing phone next and as he was busy reading the message from Nash- The woman at the next table over was busy eyeing him up, down, and over in the most sultry way known to Earth.

Katie on her side was no better off and in her staring at Gage, she did not notice that woman to the right table...or the cafeteria clerk doing the same.

Gage suddenly looked up and his hazel eyes looked so stunning in the heat of his seriousness that a flame suddenly lit up in Katie's fireplace.

Gage stood up and Katie did as well. "Alright, I've got to go-"

"Gage, where are you going?" Katie asked almost breathless.

" Nash needs me up on the 15th floor, procedure to be performed. See you later? Your flat maybe?" Gage said as he took Katie into his arms loosely.

Katie grabbed ahold of Gage's scrub shirt and pulled him closer to her, her face red and slightly sweaty. " Can't Nash do it by herself? Look, buddy- you can't just call me 'love', turn me on and just leave me in the dust like that."

Gage blinked at her before a slow, coy smile came over his features. " So, my calling you ' love' turns you on?"

" You are so loud." Katie hissed, looking around.

Nobody was looking at them...except-huh...

What was up with Greeley?

Gage looked back down at Katie. " I'm sorry, love-"