Words of the island Pearl

A/N

If you guys could have a closer look at the pictures overhead...it will really serve as a better visual for the next couple of sentences than my describing- i might've gone overboard, enjoy.😀

_________________________________

Gage had never been too good with time...

And as dreams didn't come true on his end, it came to be that it was 6 pm when he arrived at Kylie's. Six, as opposed to the agreed four.

Gage texted her of his arrival and as he waited for her appearance, his eyes landed on a bush of hydrangeas and thus wandered off to Katie. Was this cheating? No. No. Couldn't be. There was nothing going on for one and two, he'd told Katie that he and a friend would be heading off to his folks today. And aye he never told her who the friend was, but what did that matter? A friend was a friend and that was that.

Then a knock came at the window and Gage almost swallowed three brain cells.

When his heart finally calmed, Gage saw her, and let out a shriek of laughter. He unlocked the door to his car and after she got in, Gage fixed his face and turned to her. "Winter come already, huh?"

"Oh shove off."

Chuckling, Gage started the car. "Hello to you too, Khaleesi."

"I don't look like-"

Yes she did. Beside him sat Kylie In a long blue coat. One of those uber puffy winter ones with the fur, see? Yeah. Coupled with even fluffier boots, the sunglasses and the white wig, yes...she did look like the mother of dragons incarnate.

"It was the only big wearable thing I had there." Kylie defended. "All my other clothes are at my other houses."

Gage nodded and a comfortable silence fell between them. Then pulling out of the circle, he happened to notice that she was fidgeting in her spot, looking a little clammy of all things—so he turned to air conditioning to full blast and jammed on the music when she looked his way.

He drove out of Calabasas and was on the highway by 7. It was awkward at first. So quiet that Gage started racking his brain for things to say to her—he went with some weird ass fact he'd heard on a podcast that morning and before he knew it, they were rolling topic to topic with ease. Conversations about traffic, udon noodles, siblings...

"I've got two of those; George doesn't like udon though, he says they crowd his mouth."

Then they spoke of hers.

" I mean, Kourtney has a fire sense of style—we always say she should be doing interior design."

They spoke of Gage's school prom.

"I went with the head of the debate team, Alison Baker. God I remember her, she was really hot—bit too hot maybe, she ran off with Josh Casler before the third song was even over. I was still on the dance floor."

"I mean at least you got a normal one—I had a home one. Rob brought me these beautiful roses though..."

By the time they rolled into Orlando, the topics had gotten a little heavier. And that involved Kylie explaining and Gage listening.

"I mean he's gone all the time and he barely likes to talk and then when he comes back, he wants me to just drop everything and fuck him."

"Right and We're talking about—"

"My ex-boyfriend, Tyga."

"And the new one is better?"

"He's an upgrade."