Say no more

As he exited through a revolving glass door and left behind a grim, Grey building, Gage did a little dance...

He had just made the last payment for his student loans and felt overjoyed for it.

It had been another two weeks and on his only day off in between this lot, Gage had decided to head off down to the nearest Loans center and make the last payment for his Debts.

As he Moon walked his way to his car, Gage couldn't help but feel a bit guilty...he was suppose to have been studying at the moment for tomorrow; Interns were doing their last yearly Rotations before taking the OB/GYN board Examinations to earn their license and Gage had been rotated into the Trauma surgery wing.

He had been advised to refresh his memories by studying and watching a few videos on the lot on OnlineMeded.org; a site that every med student and intern used for their studies and one Gage had absolutely Loathed for the vague commentaries.

Yet, instead he had set out of the house and convinced himself that he would be back in time to study. Gage wasn't quite worried- he had learned a bit of everything in med school and could still recall the vital informations of Trauma Surgery.

As Gage drew level with his car, he swerved near the driver's side and opened the door with but a press of his car remote and before long, he was speeding off and away from the Grey building that he had seen up close and personal for 8 years every few months...the building that he no longer would see quite so close anymore.

Gage drummed his fingers onto the steering wheel along to a random song as his mind wandered over to his....to Katie.

Gage would have loved to be able to call her his girlfriend but the way Katie was going about their relationship, it did not seem as if they were even in one.

Gage knew that Katie was a Licensed medical Pediatrics Nurse a few years ahead of him but even then, she'd made absolutely no effort to even get in touch with him for the past weeks.

it had been Gage who had called her just last night during his break and was quite astonished to hear a lot of noise and music from her end of the line.
When Gage had asked her about it, Katie had enlightened Gage -quite airily at that- that she was at her birthday party.

He could still vividly remember the conversation.

" Your birthday part- it's your birthday?" Gage had taken a double washback into his canned Dr.pepper.

" Well, yeah-" Katie answered as Ariana Grande's 'Side to side' begin to play in the background and Katie let out a loud and prolonged whoop, before adding. " No biggie."

Gage frowned. " You mean to tell me, that you didn't think that it was necessary to tell me that it was your birthday? Me? The guy who's been-"

Gage looked up just in time to spot a mother and her young son walking past him and he smiled at them as they went before lowering his voice. "You didn't think it was important?"

"No, I really didn't." Katie answered and she truly seemed to mean it.

Gage made a fist and bit it, trying quite hard to keep himself calm, he took in a breath and unclenched his fingers..newly under control.
" Katie, what are we?"

And she was quiet...very quiet....so quiet for so long that when Nicky minaj's part came about, Gage heard the whole segment before he heard anything from Katie. " Huh? Mum? Yes, coming. Gage, babe...Let's talk later, alright?"

And she had hung up.

Now, as Gage remembered it, his mood had turned quite Grey for the rest of his shift and had turned greyer when he'd learned that he would be doing his Rotations with Dr. Gabriel Greeley.