Chap 24

five months later..

Ji An's pov
"yeoboseyo unnie?" i answered my phone when Jisoo called. "Ji An-ah , eomma and appa told me they're coming home today. they wanted to keep it as a surprise for you but i needed to tell you about it. what are you gonna do now?"

"oh no.." i said. "wae?" Jinyoung asked. "my parents , they're coming home today." i said. "nae?!" Jinyoung asked.

just then , Jinyoung's phone rang as well. "yeoboseyo? eomma?" he said. "nae? jjinja? but you didn't tell me before. araseo , see you at home tonight."

"unnie , i'll get back to you." i told Jisoo before hanging up. "who was that?" i asked. "my mom. she told me that she's gonna go to a friend's house with my dad for awhile before going home. they didn't tell me they're coming back today."

"guess we'll get a piece of your parents' mind today. i was hoping they'll come back after you give birth." he said. "i'm scared Jinyoung. shall we run away?" i said.

Jinyoung pulled me into a hug and caressed my hair. "everything will be alright Ji An. i'll be a man and protect you and our child."

"Ji An-ah! we're home-" my mother said cheerfully when she entered only to stop the moment she saw me and Jinyoung. "who are y- Ji An , why is your belly so big?"

my dad followed in with a smile but that smile faded away immediately upon seeing my pregnant belly. "Kim Ji An. who is this guy?" my dad asked.

"annyeonghaseyo , i am Bae Jinyoung." Jinyoung said. "and what are you doing in our house?" my dad asked. "that.."

"he is my boyfriend. and i'm pregnant with his child." i blurted out making Jinyoung turn to look at me. "Ji-Ji An..do you know what you're saying right now?" my mother asked.

before i could answer , a woman with a man came inside as well.

"Jinyoung?" the lady said. "eomma? appa?" Jinyoung asked. "what are you doing here?" the guy asked.

"who is she?" the lady asked my mother. "i'm embarrassed to say that that girl is my daughter." my mother sighed. "the daughter you want my son to marry?" the lady asked in a disgusted tone.

"i didn't expect her to- wait , isn't that your son if he called you eomma?" my mother said. "yeah , and- Bae Jinyoung , who is this girl to you?" the lady asked.

"she's my girlfriend. and i made her pregnant." Jinyoung said with his arm around my shoulder. "what.." the lady gasped.

"this is..perfect! we don't even need to worry if the kids will hate one another! they're already dating and moving on really fast!" the lady said.

"i don't get it." i mumbled. "oh Miss Kim , i am Jinyoung's mother. your parents and me and my husband here wanted to marry our children together for the business collaboration coming up. because your mother told us your older sister is a member of Blackpink so you'll be the one to marry. afterall , you're the same age as Jinyoung. little did we know , you two know each other and even started your own family already."

"so if i didn't meet Ji An in school , i'll still be with her in the end?" Jinyoung asked and the lady nodded.

"we're made to be together Ji An." Jinyoung smiled. "but you're already pregnant , Ji An." my mother said. "i'm sorry mom." i said. "it's okay , at least we won't have to worry about the marriage now." she sighed.

Jisoo ran into the house panting with a worried look plastered on her face. "eomma , appa." she said. "did you know about your sister's pregnancy?" my dad asked and she nodded.

"sorry for not telling." she said. "it's okay. we were about to marry Ji An to Jinyoung because we're collaborating with Jinyoung's parents. can't possibly get you to marry him right?" my dad said.

"i'm so relieved." Jisoo said. "unnie , did you rush here?" i asked and she nodded. "of course i did. i was worried eomma would drag you to the hospital and remove the baby." she said.

"gomawo unnie." i said.

———————————————————————