Zack Fair x Reader

Reader's P.O.V.

   I walk through the town pulling my hood tighter against myself. Hiding my face as I walk past people. I feel the pressure press against my jacket. I eventually get to the inn and slip inside. I go to the counter, and drop a bag of Gil on the counter. Before silently heading up the stairs and down the second level hall. I reach a door and knock on it three times with a gap between the second and third. The door unlocked and I slip inside closing and locking it behind me.
   "Are you two okay?" I go to one of the beds and place a hand on my blonde friends head.
  "Hey Cloud, I'm back little buddy." I push his bangs out of his face.
  "He hasn't moved." I turn and look at the other man. He's sat on the other bed. One hand on his face pushing back his hair. His brows pushed together in stress.
  "He'll wake up soon Zack. He's our chocobo, he's as tough and stubborn as a Nibel wolf." I pull away from Cloud and walk over to Zack. Kneeling in front of him and smiling up at him. I place my hands on his thighs and rub them to soothe him. He heaves and a deep breath and looks at me with mako eyes. I can see his emotions plain as day.
   Emotional pain, stress, worry, paranoia, exhaustion, and many other emotions like them. I wish I could help ease the pain and stress.
  "I know he is, but he shouldn't have ended up like this in the first place. I shouldn't have let this happen to him." I remove a hand from his thigh and take his chin in hand. Forcing him to look down to me.
  "We shouldn't have let it happen Zack. It's as much my fault as yours. I was there and you weren't. Because you were dealing with my brother. But I wasn't doing anything. I was there and I still let it happen." I struggle to pull my hand away. My heart hammering against my chest.
   "Need help to relax Y/n?" I sigh and consider him. His mako eyes are looking at me with a strange look. He's giving me that puppy dog look. Finally I stand take off my jacket. He gets off the bed and I take his place. Slipping off my shirt. Before rolling over and lying on my stomach. I don't know why he likes doing this, but it seems to always help.
   I feel his weight press down on me as he straddles the back of my waist. I hear a rustle of cloth and watch as Zack drops his gloves. Then his rough hands are on my back. Pressing hard working the muscles in my back. After helping my muscles loosen just a bit.
  "Ready Y/n?" His whisper is so gentle. I sigh into my arms which I've buried my face into. I focus on the pressure in the back from before. I hear my skin and muscles shift and rip slightly. Before the air shifts violently revealing a proud black wing. I bite back a groan of relief as Zack  begins to thread his fingers through the black feathers.
   It feels extreamly pleasant as he rubs the muscle underneath. Gently working the feathers. Removing any loose feathers from the bunch.
  "You have an infected feather Y/n." He warns and I bite my lip and suck in a breath in preparation. I barely bite back the yelp of pain when he removes the feather.
  "Sorry." He apologizes and I slow my breathing.
  "It's okay Zack." I whisper back to him. Keenly aware the walls are thin and anyone could hear. He preens the rest of my wing. Then rubs down the rest of my back.
  "Your turn Zack." He hums and gets off of me. I push myself up and turn to watch Zack pull his turtle neck off. Revealing a strong toned stomach. Then of course his chest. His hair falls down against him. He looks at me and flushes slightly. Before climbing back on the bed and lying on his stomach.
  I crawl over to him and straddle Zack's hips. Settling on him I mimic his actions from before. Pressing hard and rubbing far too tense muscles. Rubbing his shoulders and the back of his neck. Zack slowly melts underneath me. His muscles losing its tension.
   I bite my lip a resist kissing the back of his neck. It's a powerful temptation but I get off of him. Zack rolls onto his side and gives me a drowsy smile. I smile back at him and away look when I hear shuffling. Cloud moves slightly Zack jumping to his side.
   "Hey spike. Are you okay, hey?" I throw my jacket on and zip it enough to cover my chest. Too lazy to throw on my shirt again. I go to the other side of Cloud's bed. Kneeling on it I watch Cloud's unconscious face distort into pained expressions.
   "A nightmare," I state and reach out and stroke the younger boys hair similar to how my big brother would stroke mine to soothe me when I was upset, "or a terrible memory."
  Soon Cloud settles again and Zack runs his hand through his hair.
  "He's going to be okay Zack. I promise." He looks at me and the pain on his face is evident again. I get up and go around the bed. Grabbing Zack's arm and pulling him up. Leading him to the connecting bathroom.
   "Y/n. What are you doing?" I push him down on the bed rim. I close the door and lift his chin to look at me again.
   "Zack. We are going to get out of this. We are going to get cloud out of this, and we are gonna get you both back to Aerith." His eyes brighten at the last piece. I smile at him and grab a towel and throw it at him.
    "Now take a shower." He gives a grin and it makes my heart skip a beat as I turn and leave. I close the door quietly not to attract attention from thin walls. I get over to cloud and sit beside him. I end up stroking his hair again.
   Somehow Cloud has become like a child to me and Zack. Maybe he's like a child to Aerith too. The thought of the gentle brown haired woman sours my mood, and causes my smile to fall. My heart twist in pain and the familiar serpent of envy squeezes it violently in my chest.
  "You three will be fine. I'll make sure of it." I whisper it to the blonde. Knowing Zack can't hear due to the running water. I feel a vibration in my pant leg. I reach in my pocket and pull out a phone. I look at the name on the screen.
   'Dumb Rat.' I press the red button stopping the call. Sorry Reno, but I can't trust anyone outside of us right now. Even if Zack is trusting Kunsel. I need to be more cautious to make up for it.
   "It's gonna be okay. It's gonna be okay." I whisper it to myself and close my eyes. Listening out for warnings of danger through the thin walls. I'll take care of you both and make sure your happy.
   That's a promise.