Chapter Fifteen

"What do you mean ?" I had to take a moment to catch my breath

"Well, they've kinda been here on and off the past few days looking for you and since you haven't been to school it makes you look suspect at least that's what the detective shitty ass was implying.

Girl, I tried to call you but they have your cell phone. And that's how they got a hold of me for questioning. I told them I don't know shit. I refuse to be a snitch "

My cellphone?? Shit, I forgot my bitch dad took it from me that weekend.

Shit, they have my phone ...

I immediately felt dizzy the hallway seemed a lot longer than normal.

"I know you didn't kill them Ayva but I do think you know who did. But I mean if you did kill them, bitch I'll ride or die! I'm not afraid to trip a police officer .." Trina says quietly laughing holding the classroom door open for me. "Just try not to think about it ?"

Try not to think about it ???? Heffa I'm a suspect !!

I nod taking another deep breath.

All eyes were on me and not in a good way. Even the damn English teacher has fear in her eyes. I took my seat keeping my head down for the remaining of the day. Every single class I had I must've had murderer written on my damn forehead because nobody spoke or looked my way.

Ain't that some bullshit.

I got through the awkward ass school day.

I just wanted to get outta there

I walked briskly my eyes scanning the schoolyard, spotting ace parked off to the side of the building. He rolled down the window "what's up bow wow! how was school?" He grinned

I wasn't in the mood for his shit I just wanted to leave. "Weird let's just get the fuck outta here ... Apparently, the cops think I murdered my parents "I stammer over my words as I climbed into the car. Damn near hyperventilating.

"Whoa, slow down shorty .. what you mean ?" Ace pulled off quickly.

"They think I killed them! Oh god, I'm going to jail !" I start panicking "oh god those jumpsuits... OH GOD, THEY'RE GONNA TRY AND TAKE MY BOOTY HOLE IN THERE!"

Ace cracks up hysterically "chill out man, ain't nobody taking your booty from you. And you not going to jail. Relax." He continues to laugh. "King will know what to do." He pulls out his phone dialing king. Briefly explaining what I just told him.

I leaned back in seat taking deep breaths. Calming down for a moment until the blue, red white lights flickered in the rearview mirror behind us.

Fuck ...

"Aye man we being pulled over right now, Nah I always ride clean .. aight." Ace hangs up the phone.

"Let me handle this ." Ace looked at me.

Oh god, I'm gonna go to jail.

The tall lanky police officer walked up to the window. "Good evening sir. May we see license and registration ." The cop asked Ace in a monotone voice. Keeping his pale fingertips on his gun.

"Sure if you don't shoot me ..May I ask what you're pulling me over for, officer" Ace said sarcastically slowly reaching for his information to give to the cop.

The partner who wasn't as tall And much darker knocked on my side of the window. I roll it down hesitantly. "Do you have an ID ma'am ." He asked winking at me.

"Why do you need my ID I'm not the driver." I raise my eyebrow at him.

Scum ass nigga.

"Well, you look like the girl we've been searching for. Does Ayva Lloyd, ring a bell ?" He smiled slyly.

"Does you need a breath mint ring a bell ?" I roll my eyes pulling out my school badge.

The cop snickered "Exactly what I thought. Step out of the vehicle ."

The lanky cop on ace side disregarded aces information once they knew I was the one they were looking for. "So y'all pulled us over for nothing ." Ace snaps.

"You can come along too buddy .get on out the car," he said to ace.

Ace smacks his lips. "The name is not buddy. Bro, get that shit right ."

"Yea yea, come on. We just got some questions to ask you two . " he latches handcuffs around Ace. Searching making sure he had nothing on him before putting him in the back of the police cruiser.

the other hot breath ass cop put cuffs around my wrists as well. "Got anything on you I should know about ?"

He was breathing heavy in my ear. Melting it off and shit.

"Nah I don't have toothpaste and toothbrush in my pocket if that's what you're asking, better luck next Time ." I fussed at him

He pressed me up against the car.

His hands inappropriately drifting over my body. While he searched me "You're being a little too fuckin touchy!"

"Not touchy enough ." He smiled leading me to the car.

"Fuck You! You dirty pig " I yelled at him before he forced me in the back with Ace.

I didn't know how this would play out .. I just hoped they'd play fair

.. but then again that's wishful thinking.