Chapter Twenty

King's POV

 Ayva and a girl short with dark skin and high cheekbones clumsily approached us at the door

"Hi beautiful men !!! T-this is my f-friends Trina , Trina these are my other friends" Ayva could barely hold herself up during the drunken introduction, let alone talk right.

She was that fucked up.

Trina smiled with bright white teeth "Hi!" She looked at Bo "whoa ..you're beautiful !!" She touched his face as if she was feeling to see if he was real or not. I smile shaking my head before turning my attention back to Ayva

"Ayva , are you drunk ?" I asked already knowing the answer Picking up the empty bottle of tequila.

"No...." she lied terribly "I - we only had a little." Her efforts were cute.

"Damn they fucked up , " Ace laughed "Ayva how many fingers am I holding up ?" He held up all five fingers in her face .

"Eight ?" Ayva counted extra fingers .

"Hell naw it's five , B" Ace cracks up laughing as Ayva swats his hand from her face. She starts Falling over but I managed to catch her before she crashed into the wall .

"Thank you ." She rubbed my face her finger tracing along my beard as, her light brown eyes set on mine .

As bad as I wanted her, I  stepped back from her.

She was drunk and I was not about to even think about touching her . Besides her annoying ass was worth so much more than that.

"I think you need to chill the fuck out." I look at Ayva . She looked at me with disappointment in her eyes.

"Chill out ? Wha- What do you mean ? I don't wanna chill out" She pouted. "I wanna n-not chill out." Ayva giggled as she grabbed a hold of my hand placing it around her waist. Her perfect hands slid gripping the front of my belt pulling me closer to her as her warm body pressed up against mine "Chill out with me?" She whispered softly her lips inches from mine.  I gently moved away.

Damn .

Ace looked at me "Well good luck bro , looks like you've got your hands full."

He laughed walking off , Swan saluted me along with Slick.

Bo was prepared to leave but Trina was not letting him out of her sight. Asking him all types of questions about what he does and if he has a girlfriend.

Ayva sat on the floor "the room is sp-spinning." She leaned back laying on her back.

"No, babygirl" I chuckle "that's just your head ." I go over picking her up.

"You know, you're like my Superman..." her words drug off her tongue. "My black Superman " she snickered to herself. I felt her eyes stick on me like glue as I took her upstairs

"Ayva, I'm no good. Niggas like me aren't Superman material" I reassured her not looking at her.

"Your act Only works o-on an audience." She said softly as she closed her eyes and rested her head on my chest .

This girl will be the death of me ..

I got her to her bedroom laying her down before getting her Adidas off her feet then laying the blanket over her . She passed out within minutes so I quietly made my exit .

I went into my room trying to decompress from the day. Until a light knock jolted me out of my thoughts . I open the door seeing Ayva "I .. don't want to be alone ."she still slurred her words but her tone was gentle making me feel defenseless and unable to tell her no .

Goddamn it Ayva ..

"Ight .." I step aside letting her in . Closing the door behind her.

"So this is what your secret lair looks like " she smiles as she sat on the edge of my bed.

"Lair . You got jokes." I sat in the love seat that was only a few steps from the bed I wanted to keep my distance from her , I didn't want to fuck up or nothing because I knew how she was while sober.

This girl ain't nothin to play with . Shes gorgeous and feisty as shit and I fuckin loved it. But I knew behind all those walls and defenses was a broken vulnerable girl I didn't want to See get hurt. Not by anyone, not even me.

"Don't you think you should get some sleep ?" I asked

"I'm not sleepy." She grinned with a twinkle in her eye. Making her way closer to me

She was something else ..

"Well how about you try to sleep?" I say looking at the time .

"I w-wanna try something else ." Ayva bit her bottom lip before sitting straddling me in my lap.

"No, you don't mean that , that's the alcohol talking, babygirl, relax ." I fought the urge I had to strip her down to nothing and kiss all over her body .

But she wasn't making shit easy

She placed tiny kisses on my neck. Nibbling on my ear before Reaching to undo my belt .

Shit .. I had to keep my composure.

"Mm. Ayva stop.." I grab both of her hands making her stop.

She looked a little hurt by my rejection .."I-I'm sorry .." she  looked at the floor before getting off of me. "I bet if I were Keyshia you wouldn't have stopped m-me.." she  kept her eyes focused on her feet . "I'm .. I'm sorry .. this was s-stupid." She stumbled a bit making her way out of my bedroom door.

That's the thing , you aren't Keyshia..