Chapter Twenty-Five

Keyshia's POV

I walked out wiping my eyes for the final time

This wasn't over.

I'm sure he was only acting this way because of that little bitch he has around.

I pull into the parking lot of my home. I flip open the visor mirror fixing the corner of my left eye from
The smudged mascara. "Pull yourself together Keyshia." I tell myself before getting out of the car.

"Hey baby," Derek greeted me at the front door flipping a kitchen towel over his shoulder. "I made you dinner." He smiled.  "Kick ya shoes off and set your purse down. And be prepared to be amazed." He removed my jacket off my shoulders before hanging it on the coat rack by the door.

He just had no idea ..

He led me to the kitchen pulling a chair out for me having me sit.

"I made your favorite. Steak, potatoes, asparagus and a side of Mac and cheese just like you like. Just a make up dinner for being out on so many business trips ." He smiled at me . Setting my plate in front of me then went on pouring a glass of wine as well.

I had to put on a front

"Oh wow . This is .. amazing. Thank you baby." I peck him softly on the lips like I rehearsed many times before.

He grabs his plate sitting down across from me before he rambles on about his day. He didn't even bother asking me about mine. I just couldn't care to stay be with him any longer.

"You alright , babe?" He asked , watching me scrap the fork around on the plate .

"I'm pregnant, Derek." I let the words ease out with no hesitation.

Derek looked at me blankly for a moment. "For- forreal ?" He exhaled in excitement.  Laughing with glee

But I had to crush that shit real quick.

I stuffed a potato  in my mouth nodding.
"Yea, and it isn't yours." I smile. "Its Kings." I laugh . Taking a big drink from my wine glass.

He looked like he was so broken, how pitiful.

"Your ex ." He asked not looking at me .

"Yes , my ex. we've been fucking for months and you had no idea." I chuckle "I'm surprised my body didn't tell on me." I shrug "Guess you really are that stupid." I stab the steak with my fork before eating it

"How could you do this to me?" Derek asked

"How could you do this to me?" I repeat mocking him. "You had money . I needed out of the hood . "You drove past with your nice ass Jaguar. So I hopped on your dick. Simple."  I finish drinking the wine. Not caring about the child in my womb at the moment.

"Get out of my house." Derek spat.

I couldn't help but laugh . His house

"Remember that time you were gone for like two weeks ." I went on ignoring his wishes "well, I mentioned that you died in a car accident," I pull out the well written death certificate. As Derek looked at me with horror "Rights of survivorship." I grin "more wine ." I pour him another glass as he was in shock.

"But I didn't die." Derek says nervously.

"Spoke too soon nigga." Dro came into the kitchen pointing his 9mm at Derek. Causing him. To freeze up even more with undeniable fear.

"Don't worry , your bank accounts and such is all safe with me . Goodbye Derek. "

Before I knew it the sound of three gun shots erupt in the atmosphere.

The shit was done.

"I helped you , Now you help me ." Dro said with such a cold tone.

"Let the games begin."