year 1994

K A Y C E E
_______________

"how did you and grandpa meet?" my grandchild smiles innocently.

"it's a long story." i chuckle softly at my four grandchildren.

"can you tell us, please!?" my eldest granddaughter, emma, pleads.

"please, grandma!" one of the two middle child, josh, adds in.

"fine." i give in.

they all cheer in usison. getting comfortable in their spots. i clear my throat and close my eyes, revisioning every single detail of our love story.

"it all started in 1994. i was the new girl, the small talk of the whole town. my family and i just moved back to my childhood town, because of this job opportunity my dad got offered..." remembering every single detail of the moment that changed my whole entire life.

"kaycee, hey!" my old best friend, tahani, yelled.

"oh hi, i didn't know you still lived here." i admitted, shocked. we share hugs that was much needed and started to talk about how we are doing.

"hey, why don't you come to the carnival that's going on tonight?? we can reunite with all our old friends." she jumped excitedly, i, on the other hand was nervous. what if they didn't like me anymore?

"uh, y-yeah sure. that sounds fun." i hesitantly agreed.

"great, see you tonight, be ready by 8!" she hollered towards me while walking  away.

i sigh and walk back to my childhood home. a smile forming on my face, i step on the wood floors and feel a wave of nostalgia wash over me.

"then came the night, i was beyond nervous. the night started and we were already winded. we decided to go on the ferris wheel for our last ride and that's when i met your grandpa."

"guys, i'm exhausted." josh whined.

"and i'm pretty. what's new?" tahani remarked, sassily.

"whatever." josh muttered. making everyone chuckle.

"don't cry josh, i was just kidding." tahani teased him, making him roll his eyes, playfully.

"ferris wheel?" i suggest.

"sure." they all agreed.

"21 tickets?" the person controlling it asked, sticking out his hand so that we could hand him the money.

"two on each." he reminded us.

tahani and julian go to together, bailey and josh and lastly gabe and tre. leaving me to go in one by myself.

i sat silently in it, looking out in the distance waiting till i go up, that was it until i felt another presence beside me. i looked beside me and see an asian guy.

raven black hair with a small perm laying on top, big, dark chocolate eyes with - no joke - stars in them. light pink lips and rosy cheeks. he was good looking, no doubt about that.