can I be her?

*not our nat, a different natalie*

"sean!" she squealed in his arms

She glared at them lightly, that used to be me she thought. She watched in sadness as he tickled her with a big smile that brought out his adorable dimples. She was angry too, the girl in his arms just waltzed in here and started flirting with him right in front of her. kaycee tapped her foot impatiently at the couple goofing off and slightly fuming at them. They were rehearsing for a project they had to perform in 2 days and they only had a couple steps, sean was holding kaycee- bridal style- for a move but when he heard her high pitched voice he dropped kaycee on the floor running straight to her, natalie. kaycee yelped and then winced in pain, She expected him to start apologizing and comforting her but instead she saw him picking up natalie and spinning her around laughing, he didn't notice her on the ground in pain until she tried to get up and instantly yelled, feeling the excruciating pain in her hip and leg all at once.

"um, sean? who's this?" Natalie asked, having a very confused face.

"oh- um- that's my dance partner, kaycee" sean said bluntly

kaycee's face dropped when he said that she was his partner instead of best friend, she winced quietly when the pain started increasing slowly.

"s-sean can i have ice ple-please" she stumbled over her words, as she was too focused on the pain.

"oh, sure. natalie can you stay here with kaycee while i go get ice?" he asked with concern, she nodded lightly keeping her eyes on kaycee. he pecked her on the forehead and ran to get ice.

"so, natalie. how are you?" kaycee exclaimed trying to start up a conversation

"good, i guess. how about you?" she replied with no emotion

"i've b-been better. but o-okay" kaycee spoke nervously from natalie's intense glare that could shoot lasers. peW PEw.

just then sean came in with ice apologizing for taking so long, kaycee sighed and smiled at sean gratefully when he placed the ice on her hip. she looked up and saw that natalie was giving them a deathly glare that could burn holes through their bodies, kaycee quietly cleared her throat  and looked down at sean. kaycee adored how much sean cared for her and always tried to make her feel comfortable. they heard a cough that was obviously a fake one coming from the one and only, natalie.

sean quickly got up from his spot and rushed to natalies side. kaycee sighed and held the ice to her hip switching to her leg every now and then, she looked at the couple and gave them a small smile when sean looked at her with a sincere look.

"hey baby, me and kaycee have to start rehearsing. i'll text you when we get done, alright?" he said softly, love and passion gleaming in his eyes. he kissed her forehead and hugged her tight.

"i love you"

"i love you too"

she walked out his garage door and sean let out a happy sigh, she smiled realizing how happy she makes him.

"do you like nat, kayc?" sean asked curiously, walking towards her with his head slightly titled to the left.

"uh- yeah of course. if she makes you happy then definitely, i only want the best for my partner."
she says emphasizing the word partner.

he nodded and looked the other way with guilt, she turns around rolling her eyes and started going over the steps they had. kaycee sees him staying in his spot staring at her with furrowed eyebrows. she turns on her heels and faces him, waiting for him to say something.

"sean. are you just gonna stand there or what?" kaycee glares at him growing impatient when he doesn't acknowledge her.

kaycee stomps her way over to him and stood right in front of his face. trying to read his eyes but there were way too many emotions; guilt, sadness, confusion. she spoke his name once again, her face softening. he still doesn't answer, kaycee repeats herself louder. silence is his response. this is when kaycee starts to grow anxious.