the softball game

K A Y C E E
__________

"oh, this must be pretty humiliating for you." the girl on the field flirts.

"yeah, you're gonna look so hot when you get tagged out" he flirts back, pushing her shoulder gently.

"in your dreams, lew." she giggles, leaning in to place a kiss on his lips- which turns out to be a small make out.

"gosh, get a room!" i yell in disgust.

"it's disgusting." i sigh, looking down at my legs. not wanting to look at the couple any longer.

"give the guy a break, kayc." i whip my head and glare at the guy beside me.

"shut up, kenneth. they might as well have sex while they're at it." I scoff, adjusting the hat on my head.

"so what? if he's happy, then we should be happy for him." he proclaims, I happily ignore him. not wanting to listen to his crap.

"she's on the opposing team!" I point out to the couple that's in their own little world.

"why do you care anyway, kaycee? I thought you were over sean?" I roll my eyes and start to get up.

"what's with the friggin' hold up. let's play already." I holler, walking over to the field.

"kaycee, get your glove, you're the pitcher and run out there!" tahani turns to me, I give her a thumbs up and run to get my glove.

"time out!" gabe - the one who set this whole baseball game up - yelled, making a t with his arms.

"seriously, we just had a time out!" the couch on the opposite team complained, folding his arms across his chest.

when we all gather around all i can do is stare at him. his ruffled raven-black hair, the ends that are laying on his forehead, a little too long making it go in his eyes, his dark brown eyes that i get lost in every single day, his soft and pink lips that i wish i could kiss every second of everyday, the dimples in his cheeks that complement his smile that makes me go weak in the knees. his jawlin-

"oh my gosh, that was sad" i get snapped out of my thoughts when i hear his deep and smooth voice, everyone laughs lightly.

"you don't think we can win?" bailey laughs.

"this? no, no, no, we're screwed. you guys are all horrible at softball, but as dancers, you're pretty great. i watched you guys teach from each other and learn from each other, you guys are great. but it's softball now, we're about to go down, so how 'bout we go down fighting?" gabe jokes, we all laugh and join in a group hug.

"1, 2, 3 go, team!!" we cheer, we split up to two groups and get into our positions on the field.

i hear 'let's go kaycee' and 'you got this, kayc!' in the background but i'm too focused on the couple right beside me.

"good game." he smiles at her, pushing her back.

"good game!" he laughs to her, pushing her back once again, playfully.

"good game, jen!" he says to her, slapping her thigh lightly.

i scoff once again, rolling my eyes. i swing my arm and and swing it forward throwing the ball after the second swing, i sigh when he tosses the ball back to me and was about to swing when i heard her voice.