The Opportunity

Sounds of my gun firing at the targets that were surrounding me, I did this every morning as part of my usual workout; first was three mile run, second was weapon training and then finally combat training just to keep my skills peeked. I was reloading my gun when I heard the sound of hands clapping loudly over my noise cancelling headphones. Turning I saw it was my Uncle Harry Hart as I smiled placing the gun down and pulled my headphones off my head.

"Uncle Harry? What are you doing here? I thought you were overseeing a mission with Lancelot?" I asked moving up to him giving him a quick hug then moved away within the same second.

"I was...unfortunately Lancelot is dead." He answered I could feel the wind be slightly knocked out of my lungs but being a Kingsman we weren't allowed to show much emotion especially with loss.

"I'm sorry Uncle Harry." I replied lowering my green eyes for a moment then lifted them back to look at my surrogate Uncle.

"Your grandfather wants to initiate the recruitment program in order to find the replacement for Lancelot." My Uncle exclaimed I knew this protocol all too well, every time an agent was killed or dies the leader of the Kingsman starts the recruitment program to find a replacement. Frankly I hated this because I was one of the best agents here but my grandfather refused to allow me onto the field. He already lost both of my parents and his wife from this life he wasn't going to lose me as well. I lost my parents in a car accident from an enemy of my father; I was with my grandparents that day, luckily. I was only nine years old so I barely remembered them because I was practically being raised by my grandparents more importantly my grandmother since my grandfather was running the Kingsman. Unfortunately I lost my lovely grandmother a few years later from a heart attack and ever since I just blocked my heart because I didn't want to endure another loss. 

"So you need to find your candidate huh?" I asked with a small growl as my Uncle Harry just gave me a small sympathetic smile.

"I'm actually heading to meet with him now...I just wanted to come here to inform you of Lancelot and the program." He pointed out I crossed my arms against my chest then tucked my brown strand behind my ear again.

"Well thank you and I'll let you do that." I answered turning to the table preparing to do my next round of firing until I saw Uncle Harry take a step forward towards me.

"But what your grandfather doesn't know is that Merlin has chosen you Gwen to be his candidate representative." Uncle Harry exclaimed I snapped my head to his direction as a small smile start to form under my lips.

"Really? Merlin wants me to be his candidate? But wouldn't that be unfair due to my prior training here?" I reminded watching my Uncle smile taking another step towards me touching the gun that I had on the table then looked back at me.

"Well the reason Merlin has chosen you isn't for the position of Lancelot...he wants you to go undercover as a candidate and help him find the true contender that can hold the position of Lancelot. You do this then Merlin and I will convince your grandfather that you should be in the field not sitting here." Uncle Harry explained I could nearly tackle him into a hug but I held back the excitement.

"Oh my god thank you Uncle Harry...thank you so much." I smiled placing my hands together then placed them onto my lap.

"Don't thank me yet...you have to prove it to us that you can be an agent." He reminded I nodded rapidly feeling the excitement starting to boil over.

"I will I promise. I won't let you or Merlin let you down." I smiled watching him return with his then nodded moving to the entrance.

"Remember Gwen...you are going undercover. No one can know who you really are so you have to make up a fake story. Something convincing and you will do everything Merlin tells you to do without question." Uncle Harry reminded I nodded at him saying that I will do everything Merlin says, anything to get me out of this building and into the field. "So get packing...the program begins tonight. Merlin is waiting for you by your room for the plan. See you later Guinevere."

"Thank you again Uncle Harry." I smiled watching him nod then he slipped out of the room without another word. As soon as the door closed I literally did a dance with excitement with soft cheers escaping from my breath and then after a few more I stopped. I readjusted myself, placed down the headphones that were resting on my shoulders placing it onto the table with my gun and then decided to meet up with Merlin to get the full story. I was so excited...this was my chance and I wasn't going to waste the opportunity.

~~This is a new story featuring the hot and adorable Taron Egerton or in this case Eggsy. I didn't see much of him on here so I thought to add my own. So here we go new updates Friday's enjoy~~