Awkward

The next day we were outside of the mansion standing around in a circle waiting for Merlin to arrive for the next test. Eggsy was on my left and Roxy was on my right, Charlie was making sly comments with his buddies as his eyes fell onto me with each word spoken.

"Good morning recruits...today you will participate in a trial of combat. Our reports have shown us that you all have certain qualities in the arts of combat and today we will see what you got. First let's start with Roxy and Charlie...step up." Merlin exclaimed I watched Roxy take a step into the circle and Charlie mimicked with his friends cheering him on. Merlin moved to the Roxy's former spot while I watched Roxy and Charlie circling each other now. "The first one to tap out...loses. Begin!" Charlie throws the first punch to Roxy's jaw but she dodges it throwing her foot into his ribs.

"Come on Rox...you got this." I yelled watching her unleash her attacks as Charlie blocked then send some of his own back at her. Charlie decided his luck at charging at Roxy like a football player but she managed to avoid it swinging her body over him bringing him to the floor. Using her calf braced on his throat she applied pressure to his neck cutting off the air flow in his lungs. About a second later Charlie tapped the grass with a hand forcing Roxy to release his throat and he coughed hard of the fresh air entering his throat.

"Well done Roxy...next Eggsy and Gwen." Merlin exclaimed I looked at him for a moment seeing a sly smile forms on his lips but only I seemed to notice. I took a step into  the circle with Eggsy standing in front of me.

"Don't take an easy on me Eggsy...give me some competition." I replied seeing him pull his usual smile on his face.

"You got it luv." he winked cracking his hands then close them into fists and I ready mine, he swiped left as I dodged it then he swept his leg to hit mine but I flipped back to avoid them hitting his chin with the top of my foot watching him stumble backwards. "Cheap shot Kinghart..."

"Then do something about it." I ordered seeing him charge at me as I dropped to the grass sweeping his legs but he dodged flipping over me. Once behind me I swung my arm backwards which he caught pinning me into an armbar applying pressure to my shoulder.

"Ready to tap out?" he gasped I looked stomped hard onto his foot loosening his grip on my arm as I hit his ribs then I slid in between his legs in a front split. I jumped up just as he swung his arm backwards spinning me as my back was against his chest with heavy pants as his arm held me in a headlock and I could feel his breath on my neck. "Just tap out! It will be less painful."

"Never..." I gasped using my body weight against him dropping catching his legs bringing him with me. When his grip was removed from my neck I spun my body pressing my chest onto his pinning his arms with both knees. I was literally straddling him seeing the goofy look on his face.

"Well this is awkward..." he chuckled I realized what happened then started to loosen my grip on him unaware that was exactly what he wanted. I went to move my body off his freeing his one arm but I didn't expect that that arm to wrap across my waist. Before I could move he spun us around slamming my back to the grass and now he was hovering over me. He was holding either of my wrists with his hands near my head preventing me from getting up. "Looks like you lost Kinghart." I could hear snickers coming from Charlie and his friends then saw Merlin at the corner of my eye looking disappointed. I knew I had one more ace up my sleeve as I lifted my head pressing my lips onto his which was unexpecting for him. The kiss caused every strict nerve in my body to explode, every firm muscle loosened and every organized thought went blank. The walls were shaking as I felt Eggsy's grip on my wrists loosen and with a quick motion I managed to trap both of his legs with mine continuing to kiss him. I gripped his wrist breaking the kiss pushing my hip to the side flipping him off me the slamming his back onto the grass knocking the wind out of him. Using my knee I pressed onto his neck seeing him try to break it but I applied more pressure as he tried. Eventually he tapped my leg which I released jumping to my feet earning applause from Roxy and a proud look on Merlin. Holding out my hand Eggsy took it and I helped him to his feet as he was rubbing his sore throat.

"I guess I wasn't the one who needed to tap out huh?" I snickered earning an eye roll from him as he moved back to his spot in the circle.

"Great work Gwen...Gwen here has shown that using her body to her advantage and as a distraction. You boys better keep your wits about you because if you are able to be distracted by that then you won't last long in a fight." Merlin explained everyone muttered a yes sir before he dismissed us and I watched Eggsy walk away like a dog with his tail between his legs. Roxy moved up to me bumping my shoulder with her as I turned to look at her.

"Did you do that because you wanted to show you could beat him or did you do that because you wanted to but were too scared to do it without a reason?" she asked I went to open my mouth to speak but no words escaped from my lips. I could see a sly smile now on her face almost like she could read me like a book. "I thought so...hey I don't judge your taste but if I was you...I go check on him. You might have wounded his pride..." She walked away as I turned to see Eggsy sitting on the steps of the mansion and I could feel my heart pound hard on my chest. Was Roxy right? Did I really want to kiss Eggsy? I began to walk over towards Eggsy who was trying not to lock eyes with me as I took a seat next to him now.

"Hey...I'm sorry for that. I don't know why I really did that. I just didn't want to lose and have to hear Charlie rub it in my face." I lied though I saw Eggsy look over at me giving me a small smile.

"It's okay...I just didn't expect it." he answered looking down at his hands for a moment in which I scooted over closer to him.

"I just hope that I didn't lose a friend today." I replied seeing him turn giving me a smile then wrapped his arm around my body jostling me close to him.

"Nah...we're good." he smiled pressing his chin on top of my head with a hug before pulling back releasing me from his grip.

"Good because I refuse to befriend Charlie or his boys." I chuckled seeing him laugh nodding yes to my response agreeing with me.

"And that would suck because Charlie is not as good looking as me." he pointed out which wasn't a lie but I couldn't let him know that.

"Keep telling yourself that Unwin...come on. Let's go for a run." I smiled watching him groan then nod as I pulled him from the steps and we both began to run.

~~Oooo awkward. Now Gwen what's going on with you? I mean who wouldn't kiss Eggsy (Taron). ~~