Old Partners

My head was pounding, my chest ached and my lungs were on fire as I was breathing into a mask when Merlin and Uncle Harry walked in.

"Are you okay, Gwen?" Uncle Harry asked moving towards me I nodded not wanting to speak because my throat was hurting.

"Well that plan worked. We managed to see two recruits that may have a chance in this program; Eggsy Unwin and Roxy Morton." Merlin answered I gave him a small thumbs up then removed the mask slightly from my face.

"What's...next?" I gasped putting the mask back onto my face as Merlin lifted his tablet typing a few buttons onto the tablet then showed it to me.

"We are going to show the recruits the meaning of teamwork and they are going to take a puppy. As for you Gwen...you are going to take it easy for a few days before you are fully back in action, okay?" Merlin explained I nodded watching him excuse himself leaving me and Uncle Harry alone. I pulled the mask again from my face watching him try to stop me but I didn't let him.

"Your candidate...is your...old partner's...son." I gasped breathing into the mask seeing him nodded yes to me as I took in a sharp deep breath of air.

"Yes...Lee Unwin was one of the bests so I thought maybe his son deserves the opportunity. I heard he was the one who saved you." Uncle Harry exclaimed I nodded not speaking for a moment letting the air fill my sore lungs and I was starting to gain feeling in my legs again. "Well...I wanted to check on you before I head out."

"Where...are you...going?" I asked watching him adjusted his tie in his suit before standing up from the medical bed.

"Merlin has managed to locate Professor Arnold...I'm going to meet him to see who kidnapped him that day." Uncle Harry explained I nodded hearing a knock on the door as we both turned I saw it was Eggsy now dried and dressed in drive clothes since before he was soaked."Eggsy? What are you doing here?"  

"I came to check on Gwen before I go to sleep. What are you doing here Harry?" he asked I pretended not to know him as Harry smiled at his recruit.

"I heard what happened to Miss. Kinghart and I wanted to offer my apologies for having that happened to her. Well Miss. Kinghart I hope that you don't hold this against us and know we only did it to see how strong you can be." Uncle Harry lied I nodded to him as he gave me a small nod while my eyes turned to Eggsy who seemed to buy the lie. He was standing at the foot of my bed now. "Well...I should be going. Goodnight you two."

"Bye Harry..." Eggsy replied I waved at my Uncle and he stepped out of the room without another word. Eggsy turned back to me moving to the side of the bed taking a seat in the chair next to me. "Are you alright? I mean...I can't believed that they drugged you to prove a point."

"I know...thank you again. For the record...don't drown...it sucks." I gasped breathing heavily seeing him laugh at my response.

"I'll keep that in mind but so you know for the future. If this ever happens again I gotcha." He smiled I nodded in a thankful movement as I watched his eyes lower for a moment and then look back at me. I could see the fear in his eyes now and I reached my hand to touch his to reassure him I was okay. "You know...don't tell anyone but I was scared that I wouldn't bring you back."

"But you did..." I wheezed seeing him nod his thumb traced across my knuckles as he looked up at me with a smile on his face.

"I know this seems a bit forward but I think you need a drink." He laughed I shook my head yes to him letting out a weak laugh.

"Maybe...when this is over...we can get one." I offered watching his hand tighten on mine and he nodded yes to me.

"Sounds like a deal. Anyway I should let you rest. Merlin only gave me a few minutes to check on you. I hope to see you tomorrow back on your feet." He smiled I nodded watching him remove his hand from mine standing up and making his way to the door before looking at me again. "Goodnight Gwen..."

"Goodnight...Eggsy." I wheezed watching him leave the room as I felt my heart flutter in my chest and it wasn't because of the pain from drowning either. I could feel the walls around my heart starting to shake inside me threatening to fall down as I closed my eyes focusing until my heartbeat slowed. I couldn't let them fall down not for anyone, not for myself and not for Eggsy Unwin.

~~Ooo The walls are shaking lol~~