2 - Reunion-ish

As she drove away, Chin,Tani, Danny and Lou came in the office to finish the paperwork from Vanessa's case. Meanwhile Steve was out there sending Mariano (the perp that escaped the hospital) away to jail.

-So, Steve, we manage to shut down Mariano's business. HPD is taking care of the file right now - Chin said as the Commander walked pass the glass doors.

-thanks Chin for the update, he is being transferred to the Halawa on this exact instant.- Steve said opening the door of his office and shutting it, but, Chin caught it open and spoke up.

-So...I happen to know that you and the Chief of Surgery on yesterday's case are familiar with each other right? - Chin said with a sassy smile on his face

-Yeah, we grew up together, nothing important and as a matter of fact she is Amanda's best friend did you know that?

- Actually I did, but I had never seen her before, just heard about all their crazy stories - Chin sat on the chair in front of Steve and exhaled - I have a mission for you my friend...

- I know, she already called me complaining that I did not reply, so I'm bringing the Pasta - Steve rolled his blue eyes and laughed, his sister was predictable at that point

-Thanks, see you later than - and like that, Officer Kelly went to his office to start the day.

Chin's POV

I was doing some paperwork when someone entered my office and got my surprise and attention.

-Danny, I told a million times, knock first!

-Well, i'm not him so.. it doesn't count as a millionth time for me - that female voice filled my heart with happiness, my wifey!

-Hey babe - I got up and hugged her,giving her a kiss on the forehead

-Hi, I came here just to drop of your badge that you clearly didn't miss and to kill Steve for not answering my calls! - yeah, that's Amanda, you better answer her on days like this

-Thanks for my badge, I completely forgot and..Go ahead, he is right there waiting for you to come screaming at him- I said as I gave her the looks that says "pls, don't"

-Ugh! Fine, I will let him be, but please, make sure he is there tonight, I gotta go anyways, I have patients waiting for me, bye bye - she said kissing the air and closing the door behind her. But as soon as she left the room she jumped into Danny, who was clearly upset about something, probably about Rachel.

-Watch where you step lady! - he said out loud to her

-Sorry, Danny, didn't see you there collecting your failed marriage from the ground - yeah, that was a good reply, my babe!

And just like that Danny realised who he had ran into and screamed SORRY so she could hear him.

The day went by with no new cases, so as the clock hit 3 pm we all called it a day, especially Steve, he had to go home and cook for this dinner Amanda was hosting, she loves doing that even though she doesn't have that much time to prep, which always makes Chin, Steve and Kono so stressed to deal with her changing moods.

8 PM At CHIN AND AMANDA'S HOME

-I AM NEVER HOSTING DINNER AGAIN IN MY LIFE! YOU HEAR ME? NEVER AGAIN!

-Babe, slow down, it's going to be fine! Your mom is coming, Steve doesn't know about her being here, which is good, Mary is just finishing up with Joanne, and the house looks incredible, you will be fine! Breath - he repeated the same sentence again, just like the other five times before this one.

I was indeed freaking out. Steve hasn't seen Doris in such a long time, neither have me and Mary, so I was nervous. What if this goes sideways?I mean, in this family, anything could happen in such a short period of time. And as I was drowning in my deep thoughts the doorbell rang.

-Hi Sealer! Nice to see you dressed up and with the food! - I hugged Steve and made space for him to enter

-yeah Nanda, how could I forget? You left hundreds of massages for me - he laughed, uh, good mood, that's good - where is Mary and Joanne? I miss them

-They, are getting ready, she just landed

-Oh, right. Hey bro! - Chin showed up and the endless conversation was about to begin.

I left them talking to go to the backyard and calm down, the time was coming and I as nervous, I hope no one freaks out about it. Maybe they won't it's just the fear coming in.

- Chin! Get the door! - as I said I remembered who it was - Never mind, never mind! - I said running to open the door, but lucky me, Steve bit me to it.

-Mom?!

-Hi Mom! Good to see you! - I got in the middle of them ready to hug her but Steve ran and got me away so he could hug her as tight as he could. That made me and Chin surprised, he was never that sentimental, especially when the subject was our mother.

-I've missed you so much, I thought you were dead! No even one sat call?

-Sorry honey, I couldn't risk you guys's life again

-Yeah, it's okay - he stepped back and smiled at her, o guess this night is about to be awesome, right?

-Do not tell me she is in the House Amanda! I can't, I can't -Mary was freaking out, usual.

-No need to panic, she is happy that we are all together once for all and is really looking forward to see you, let's get down and talk like normal families do. Please?

-Sure, I can do it right? I don't know why I'm so nervous - she laughed

-I am too, I get what you're feeling, it's been so much time right? I get it, but we need to go, Steve's Macaroni, is cooling, we can't let that happen. Let's go

We got down and had a very lovely dinner. Oops, too soon to say that? It seems like it, because the next thing that I heard was people screaming at each other. I told you guys, in this family, anything is possible. Let me get out of here and put the fire down.

..

After the dinner and, of course, some argument between the McGarretts everyone went to their homes and Amanda and Chin could finally relax, the dinner was a success. They were happy. Amanda couldn't hide the big smile on her face by the fact that her family had a nice time and Chin was happy to see his wife happy after all those years in pain. Well, that was a wrap at the Kelly's house.