28- Surprise

-GET OFF ME!

My screaming was worthless. He wouldn't let go.

This was it, I'm gonna die today

-Shut up bitch! - he slapped across my face

-Why?! Just tell me why? - I cried out in pain

-Fun - and another punch crossed my face

-You! Come suck my dick!

-Don't want to

-You what? - he ran towards me, grabbed my hair tight and pulled it down, making my head hurt

-I said no! - I tried to look up into his eyes

-Say that again

-I won't suck your dick! If you want, you do it yourself

-You gonna regret saying that

He dragged me to the bedroom of the loft we shared for the last 5 months and started to abuse me and hit me.

This last five months I didn't go to work due to Brendon, my boyfriend. He made me take a leave so we could take some moments to ourselves. We had been together for quite a long time and I thought it was a good idea. But throughout the days he would go behind my back to the hospital and made up lies about me so they could keep me home. For what? His amusement.

But since I did that he started to get aggressive, more and more every time.

And today was no different. Except that I found strength and called for help.

I was at home when he came through the door and got surprised by the cops in our living room shouting at him to get down.

He looked at me with anger in his eyes, and even after all the pain he caused me I never took the cynical look off my face.

That day I got free of him. He was sent to maximum security, thanks to a very good friend of mine, who is a judge.

So I went out to Amanda's place. I haven't seen her in months and she was the only one I could trust to see me like this.

Brendon and I started dating after Alejandro did what he did with Amanda.

*Present Moment*

-...I never saw the connection between them. I can't believe Alejandro did that

-I swear I'm going to kill that man for doing this to you - Steve said without letting me out of his arms for one second.

We were now at his office couch laying down on the couch talking about Brendon.

-Not necessary, he killed himself a while ago

-Really? Oh man.. what a bummer - Steve giggled, making me laugh a bit

-That's what I most love about you. You never lose yourself and your smile to anything. You are stronger than you think babe