12-Think Before You Act

It was currently 10pm, Vanessa and Steve were at Omar's sister's birthday party. They were having a nice time together, and that meant a lot to Steve, he had really missed her funny side. All the loud laughter, weird faces out of nowhere and her appreciation to those she loved.

-So, you caught a cop for you huh? - said a lady behind her

-That is none of your business Michelle, but yes, a very handsome one

-Oh, I see - Michelle said with a disgusted voice - what you threatened him with so he would date you?

-Nothing sweety, that is called love, desire, things you never had so I don't expect you to understand

With that said, she walked away. I let out a breath thinking I was free of her, but then... she came and turned her drink on my dress, all of it. I looked at her and she was smiling, so childish to do this.

-You better wish it doesn't stain you bitch

-Oh darling, it is going to - she said pointing at my dress and I took her hand and put behind her body. With the blow she got down on the floor.

At that moment she screamed and looked at me with pain in her eyes and it was when I realized I put too much pressure on her arm.

-Please, let me go

-i will, but you better promise to never even look in my way again. I am not a fregil girl in high school anymore. I will not let you walk free, I am not gonna be suspended by your dad anymore. So you better understand that - I said that with anger in my voice, she agreed and I let her go. When I looked up, Omar was holding his beer laughing at what happened and no one else was around to see.

-You will never change Vanessa - Omar said laughing while we watched her go away

-I know, I cannot understand how your sister is friends with her

-Me neither

-That is a mystery. Can you get Steve for me? I'm gonna run out the back. Oh! And your sister too

... Vanessa's POV

-What happened with you? - Steve laughed seeing my dress

-Rivalry

-I see

-Brenda! I'm sorry to go like this, but I wish you the best of the birthdays.i love you

-It's okay Baby, I love you too. thanks for coming and I'm sorry for her - Brenda let out a laugh

-Nah, don't be, I'm okay. And your crush was looking for you

-OMG, are you for real?!!

-Yeah - I laughed at her reaction, she just gave me a kiss on my cheeks and left to look for him

-See you tomorrow then - I hugged Omar and left to Steve's house. I was practically living here anyways.

-Steve? Steve!

-huh? What?

-What were you looking at?

-Your scars, I've never really paid attention to them before - he said out lining a scar on my hips

-Pretty bad right? - I said playing back that awful day in my mind.
The way that man looked at me, like I was some play toy for him. It was hard to stay with a brave face or even alive.
I got kicks all over my body.
Knife cuts on my legs and arms and some other wounds. I never really understood how I survived that.
I guess it wasn't my day,and for that I'm truly greatfull.

-Yeah, they are, but that's okay, I find them really sexy anyways - he said smirking at me trying to take the focus off my kidnapping

-Is that right? - he nodded - then what if other men don't like it? - he looked at me with spooky eyes

-What do you mean Vanessa? They don't have to, you are mine, I am the only one who can love them.

-oh, I am yours? Good to know

-Of course you are mine, you always were, and always will. You hear me?

-Oh yeah Commander - I kissed him while sitting on his lap.. that was just the first move of the night...

Steve's POV

Midnight, I had Vanessa sleeping in my arms like an angel and ringing phone I couldn't find. It was probably mine, so I had to find it. But, to my surprise if was hers, and the name on the screen made me dizzy and tense.
I looked at her and took a deep breath. I hope it's not what I think it is.
😢

-You gotta be kidding me

That was it, I couldn't take it. Not this, not now...