26- Ask

Hey!! I have another book coming up.
It's gonna be the sequel for R E A L       L I F E  and Another one with a brand new vision! Don't miss out!

It has been some rough days after what happened with Marvin. He was just a little kid and that got everyone's hearts. Vanessa couldn't go out her house without being asked millions of questions by the reporters at the hospital or even by her house. Her routine was drastically changed overnight. She still out of the Chief of Surgery position which is filled by her friend, Omar. She is now the head of the Neuro only. Her specialty as a surgeon.

Steve was trying his best to keep her safe. He had some former seal friends as her detailing at all times, they were responsible for keeping her physical integrity. He also put Jerry to go over her mail and phone calls, e-mails, messages, everything, because she was receiving death threats.

Vanessa didn't stop her life, she continued to work and focus on her job. The tricky part is that a lot of people didn't want to be treated by her, so all that was left for her were the trauma patients. They were already sedated when she had access to them, and like that, they would get treatment, an excellent one, and also, would not complain and ask for another doctor. The staff members didn't change with her. They knew it was not her fault, and knew how much hard working of a woman she is, and she was grateful for that.  

Therefore, her life needed to continue, and she didn't want to stop living, so today she would go to the grocery store. With Steve's friends of course.

Vanessa's POV

As soon as I stepped out of my car Dylan, a seal friend of Steve got in front of me and Ryan by my side. We went inside the store, got a cart and started shopping.

...

-Okay, I think we're done - I said looking to the groceries in the car and then to the boys

-Good, let's pay and go. - Dylan said and lid me to the cashier. I paid for the food and we went for the door.

-I would go out the back if I were you Miss Croft - the lady at the cashier said to me

-Why? - Ryan was quicker than me to ask

-There are multiple reporters out there - she said pointing at the camera screen.

I looked to Ryan, gave him my car keys and he understood

-Thanks you for helping me Mis…

-You can call me Ann. Ann Livingston

-Miss Livingston, Ann. At least you are the few people in Hawaii who doesn't want my head on a silver platter - I chuckled softly a little shy

-i get it. They needed someone to pay for. You were the boss, the anesthesiologist needed someone to blame for his actions and his lawyer made sure it was you the one to blame. I am also the "boss" around here, and if some of my employees miss act, the owner will come for my ass. And, I know for a fact that doctors not always have things under control, things happen and they just can't do anything

-You're right, I wish more people saw it like that though. You sound like you know for deep experience about this doctor stuff. Do you mind if I ask why?

-I was a nurse back in the day, and I know the struggle you guys go through. And I also know that you pay the price for the dirty doctors out there.

-Yeah you are both bonding, that's nice, but we gotta go Ms. Croft - Dylan said pulling my arm softly

-Okay, bye Ann. Have a good day - I waved at her and smiled

-Bye Dr. Croft, have a nice day you too - she smiled back before I went out the back door.