Chapter 8: Hottest Guy In School

Kendall's POV

I had a great time with Kim. She's so sweet and so cute. - and resistant. If I just knew how she felt about me. Maybe I can ask Rebecca. She might tell me, seeing as she and Logan are getting annoyingly close, and she is Kim's best friend. Who knows, right?

Later That Day

"Kendall! Can you go to the store and get some milk?" I heard mom calling from downstairs, several hours later, interrupting the 'throwing-the-ball-and-catch it-again' routine.

"Sure!" I shouted and ran downstairs.

She handed me the money. I kissed her cheek and went out the back door.

"He's been so well-behaved these past few days." I heard her mutter to herself.

I chuckled.

Mom, I'm in love.

I got to the store, soon enough and was just about to pay when I saw someone with familiar dark hair.

"Hey Becs!" I turned and greeted Rebecca.

"Hi Kendall!" She smiled.

"What's up?" I asked, which was very stupid. What would she be doing in a grocery store? Buying groceries? Oh you hush up.

"Oh just, had to buy some things for mom." She said

"Same here." I laughed.

We paid for our things and walked out.

"So, er. Can I ask you something?" I asked her thinking of Kim, as we slowly walked out.

"Fire away!" She grinned, swinging her arm that held her things.

"Who's the hottest guy in school?" I asked, looking up into the night.

"Wait, what?" She said stopping dead in her tracks.

"Who is the hottest guy in school?" I asked again.

"Lo-" She began but I stopped her.

"Besides Logan." I smirked.

She blushed.

"Um, I guess you're pretty good-looking and James. But why?"

I thought for a while. Should I tell her? What if she told Kim?

"Umm, do you promise to keep a secret?" I said finally deciding to tell her.

"Uhh, sure."

"Look, I like -"

"YES!" She screamed. I looked around. Some people were staring at us.

"What? Dude, stop, you're embarrassing me."

She giggled, but calmed down.

"Oh sorry. Continue." She said still giggling

"I like -"

"Kim." She finished.

"How- how'd you know?" I asked in awe.

"I've seen the way you look at her. Go for it, tiger. She's yours." She winked and jogged off.

Wow.