Chapter 26: The Talent Show

So, quick question: Do you want me to do a sequel? Let me know!! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Kim's POV

A Week Later

Deep breaths.  Deep breaths. You've done this before. You've got this. I told myself.

I straightened my shirt and brushed my hair the way Kendall had done it last weekend. There was a knock on the door. "Hey gorgeous." Said Kendall's voice.

"Hey!" I said jumping up from the wooden chair and hugging him. "You ready?" He asks.

"Yep. Just a little nervous. You?"

"Born ready, baby." He winked. "And no need to be nervous. Remember what I told you?" He smiled. I smiled back and nodded.

He kissed my forehead. "Then you've got nothing to worry about."

Then Coach Morrison got on stage and called for the first performers: Emily Fern and Ashley Tisdale for a duet.

Kendall and I groaned and looked at Los and James. Both of their ex-girlfriends were onstage. But they looked pretty happy. I looked at Kendall, he shrugged.

When the girls were done, it was my turn. He gave me a quick peck on the lips and changed into his white jacket as he and the guys were up next.

I was nervous. Very. There were hundreds of eyes on me. I gulped and did as Kendall had told me to. Sing it like I mean it. Focusing all my thoughts on the person I care about most, and I sang my heart out, almost in tears by the end of it.

I looked to my right, Kendall could be seen standing by the curtain, he was smiling at me. I smiled back and waited for my scores. The three judges held up their marks. 8,9,9.

Not bad. I ran backstage as everyone applauded. I ran into his arms and he swung me around. "That was so good!" He said. "I bet you're gonna win this."

"Nope. You are."

He rolled his eyes as the guys joined us. They walked out to cheers and applause. I dragged a chair to where everything was visible. The music came on, and I was lost in his voice. It was so amazing. Every note was beyond perfect.

Yeah

You are my fire
The one desire
Believe when I say
I want it that way

But we are two worlds apart
Can't reach to your heart
When you say
That I want it that way

Tell me why
Ain't nothin' but a heartache
Tell me why
Ain't nothin' but a mistake
Tell me why
I never wanna hear you say
I want it that way

Am I your fire
Your one desire
Yes I know it's too late
But I want it that way

Now I can see that we're fallen apart
From the way that it used to be, yeah
No matter the distance
I want you to know
That deep down inside of me...

You are my fire
The one desire
You are
You are, you are, you are

Don't wanna hear you say
Ain't nothin' but a heartache
Ain't nothin' but a mistake
(Don't wanna hear you say)
I never wanna hear you say
(Oh yeah)
I want it that way

Tell me why
Ain't nothin' but a heartache
Tell me why
Ain't nothin but a mistake
Tell me why
I never wanna hear you say
(Don't wanna hear you say)
I want it that way
(Tell me why)
Ain't nothin But a heartache
Ain't nothin but a mistake
Tell me why
I never want to hear you say
I want it that way
Cause I want it that way

They finished and ran back. I leapt up from the chair and hugged him tightly. They had got a perfect 30. That was it, an easy win from the singer's side. The clapping never died down.

He lifted me up and kissed me. I kissed back and the people around us whooped. He set me down after a few minutes just as three girls ran over to us. Jherica, Alexa and Rebecca.

Rebecca ran over to Logan and hugged him. They disappeared outside. Jherica and James were smiling at each other, and then next moment, they were kissing too. Carlos was staring, dumb-struck, at Alexa.

"H-hi." He stuttered.

"Hey." She smiled. "Congratulations Carlos. That was amazing!" She said and kissed his cheek.

Wow. That was quick. Kendall and I smiled at each other and left the auditorium. We walked to a park and sat there, the black sky was shimmering with little white lights. It was so beautiful, but nowadays, everything seemed beautiful. With him by my side, everything was perfect. Every thing seemed easy. Every moment seemed magical. How could anyone ask for anything else?

But there's a little problem here...