Chapter 20: Father-Son Talks

Kent's POV

I walked into the kitchen to find Kendall and Kevin yelling at each other. What is going on here?

"Boys!" I bellowed. "Calm down and behave for God's sake! Kendall, what happened?" I demanded of my youngest son.

He ran in front of me.

"Dad! Kevin did it on purpose!"

"What did he do on purpose?"

"He knew Kim was here, and he..." I raised a hand to silence him. I turned to Kevin. "You have something to say, young man?"

"Dad, I had no idea." Kevin said, but of course. He's lying. I know it.

"Kevin, you -" Kendall began

"Kendall!" He stopped talking. I glared at Kevin.

"Kendall, is Kim that gril you were talking about the other day?"

"Yes, dad."

"Kevin? When did you meet the young lady?" I asked

"I opened the door for her."

"And you knew your brother and she were busy?"

"Well, mom interrupted them first, and the way he was trying to shut the door again, I got the idea." He smirked.

Kathy came in to the room. "Interrupted something, dear?" She asked Kendall. "I am so sorry!" She cupped his face in her hands. He shrugged her off. "It's okay mom." He said

"Kendall, come here. We'll see what to do with you," I pointed at Kevin. "later."

I lead Kendall to the living room and sat down. He sat in front of me.

"What's her name?"

"Kim Hadley."

"Describe her."

"She's got big brown eyes, and shiny brown hair. She's got an amazing figure. She's good at school work and stuff and she's got the most amazing voice." He said.

I noticed his eyes shown when he talked about her voice.

"When did you hear her sing?"

"When she came over, and before that jerk-"

"Kendall."

"Sorry dad. Before Kevin interrupted us, I was helping her practice for the Talent Show."

"Is she good?"

"She is AMAZING!"

"Well, I am sorry to hear what your brother did, but we can't help it. And you were just practicing, weren't you? What else did he interrupt?"

"Dad, we er.." He waved an impatient hand. "We were having a moment!"

"Oh goodness. Is this the girl?"

"Yes dad. I'm sure. But she says she's not ready. So, I guess I'll have to wait a little."

"If she's the girl, and if it was me, I'd wait a hundred years." I told him. "You know what to do, Kendall."