Karson

Chapter 13: Karson
(A.K.A. Knuckles plays bad cop instead of father)
Club Rouge, 2 PM
Rouge was sitting around her office in an uneasy manner. Her stomach was in pain.
"Don't tell me I'm about to have the baby now!" Rouge groaned.
Then, a wet feeling trickled down her leg.
Her water broke.
Rouge fell to her knees, screaming in pain.
Her guard, a brown bear, walked in.
"Miss Rouge, are you ok?" He asked.
"No, I'm in labor! Take me to the Hospital!" Rouge yelled.
The bear did as told. Good thing the hospital was a 45 second walk from Club Rouge.
Emerald Town Jail
Knuckles was talking to Scourge.
"What's Sally up to?" Knuckles asked.
"The hell should I tell you?" Scourge sneered.
"Your well being may depend on it. Plus, you got caught, so I'm guessing you're not getting paid." Knuckles told him.
"You're smarter than you look, redhead, but I'm no snitch!" Scourge responded, standing his ground.
"I figured you would say, so I did a little research."
"What are you trying to get at?"
"Well, let's just say you have a dark secret you don't want anyone to know about? You know, Friday nights?"
Scourge's face went pale with fear.
"You wouldn't dare!"
"Oh, I would, unless you tell me what I want to know!" Knuckles yelled, grabbing the cell bars.
"Fine, I'll tell you what you want to know! By now, Sally has kidnapped Sonic and has probably taken him back to New Mobotropolis by now." Scourge said.
"What about Amy?"
"I swear to Chaos I don't know." Scourge answered.
A guard walked in.
"Mr. Echidna, the Hospital has called to inform you that your wife is in labor."
"Tell them I'll be there soon." Knuckles answered. He turned to Scourge. "You make me sick."
Knuckles left, went outside, and used a pay phone.
Tails' Workshop, Mystic Ruins
Ring! Ring!
"Hold on, I'm coming!" Tails said, picking up his phone. "Hello?"
"Tails, it's Knuckles. I need you to do me a favor." Knuckles said in a hurry.
"Yeah, sure thing. But what's wrong, Knuckles? Why do you sound so distressed?"
"Sally kidnapped Sonic and-"
"Wait, WHAT? Sally kidnapped Sonic! When?" Tails began to panic.
"A little while ago, I'm guessing."
"You GUESS?" Tails stated impatiently.
"Tails, chill. I need you to go to their hotel here in Emerald Town to investigate the room, as well as try to find a clue about Amy, because no one knows about her."
"Yeah, I will. Why can't you go?"
"Rouge is in labor right now and will kill me if I'm not there. You have anyone who can go with you?"
"No. Shadow went with Blaze back to her world to check on the Sol Emeralds, Silver went back to the future, and I'm not putting Cream in a risky situation. I'll be fine. Ok, I'm leaving now. Bye, Knux." Tails hung up.
Night Babylon Hospital
Knuckles arrived at the Hospital. He ran up to the receptionist and asked "What room is Rouge the Bat in?"
"Room 191." She replied.
"Thanks."
Room 191
Knuckles walked into the room to see Rouge holding a small baby.
The baby was a muddy maroon color and looked a lot like Knuckles. The child had Rouge's eyes, tiny stubs where dreadlocks would grow, as well as large knuckles and dusty pink bat wings.
"Meet our son, Knuckles." Rouge whispered.
"He's wonderful, isn't he?" Knuckles replied, tears stinging his eyes.
"What should we name him?"
"Karson, with a K."
"Perfect." Rouge said, then gave her husband a puzzled look, sensing that something wasn't right. "Why do you look so stressed, hon?"
"Sonic's been kidnapped."

I'm still not caught up with this story in my books!