Unevening the Odds

Chapter 21: Unevening the Odds
(A.K.A. An old foe returns, this time with character development that will be revealed in the coming chapters!)
New Mobotropolis Gates
"Tails?"
"Yes, Mom, it's me." Tails said, walking out of the bushes with Knuckles in tow.
His parents hugged him.
"Amy, you guys good?" Knuckles asked.
"For the moment, we are." Amy answered.
"Knuckles?"
"Julie-Su?"
"She's with them, Knux!" Vector yelled.
"Why?"
"I have to make a living!"
"By helping Sally?" Mighty yelled out.
Lein-Da put a hand on her half sister's shoulder.
"Don't listen to them." She said.
Julie-Su nodded.
Everyone stared someone down.
"Mom, Dad, get back. It's about to get ugly." Tails told his parents.
They did as told.
Then, all hell broke loose. Everyone was squaring off with someone. The heroes were winning due to their being an 8-4 advantage.
"Nicole!" Shard called.
Nicole appeared.
"Yes, Shard?"
"We need reinforcements, stat!" He demanded.
"Right away, babe, I've made a call for more, so they should be here soon." Nicole replied.
"That's why I love you. Now leave so you won't get hurt. I wouldn't be able to bare seeing you injured." Shard commanded.
Fang arrived and began shooting.
8-5 Heroes.
"You better have more than that to beat us!" Knuckles called out.
He was suddenly hit by a green blur.
"Well, if the odds weren't even a second ago, they are now!" Scourge said, revealing his arrival.
"How did you get out of jail?"
"With the help of this guy."
A familiar green and purple hedgehog appeared.
Amy looked over and gasped.
"Glare!"
"Hello, Amy Rose, my dear." Glare greeted.
"I'm guessing Sally got you out." Amy said.
"Yes, she did, and I'm so glad she did because now I get to see you again."
Glare began to approach Amy.
"Stay away from me, you crazy madman!" Amy yelled as she pulled her hammer back.
"Now, now, do you not remember what happened last time you tried that?"
"I don't care! Nothing's going to stop me from saving the love of my life! Not you, not Scourge, not Sally, NO ONE!" Amy yelled.
"How about saving both loves of your life?"
"What?" Amy asked, confused.
Glare snapped his fingers and with a whoosh, the extra colleagues that Nicole contacted appeared: the Babylon Rogues, and they were holding what appeared to be a small, sleeping child in a blanket.
Jet handed the child to Glare, and then, followed by Wave and Storm, dashed into battle.
10-8 Villians
Amy looked closer at the child, then gasped in horror on who it was.
"Sarah!"
"Yes, Miss Rose, your child."
"Give me back my daughter, you bastard!" Amy yelled, leaping at him, but Glare stepped aside.
"Tsk, Tsk."
"Why are you doing this to me? What have I ever done to you?" Amy shouted, tears brimming at her eyes.
"Follow me if you want to learn the truth." Glare said as he walked into New Mobotropolis with Sarah in his arms.
Amy followed him into the city in pursuit of her baby daughter, as well as this 'truth' that Glare spoke of.
9-7 Villians

So Glare has returned and has Sarah! But what happened to Amy's parents, who were supposed to be watching after the young hedgehog? All will be revealed as we go!