ELEVEN

"You asked for me to bend down,
To be wrapped around your finger,
You always liked me best bruised,
And covered in blood,
So, is this not beautiful?
Is this bloodshed gorgeous against my red-stained hands,
aren't those cuts along your heart stunning?
Do you only like war when it isn't against you?"
-Men like you never give mercy, so I'll have to take it instead. (S.N.S.)

CHAPTER ELEVEN:
THE WITCH QUEEN

"Wake up, little one." A warm hand presses into my stomach massaging it lightly. It takes everything in me not to lean into Ekon's touch.

Instead of following my most primal instincts, to take what's mine and touch my mate everywhere, I simply grab my pillow and hold it over my face as I groan, Ekon's hands slipping off me as I do so.

"Don't make me get up, please, giant," I beg.

My grandmother, the crazy Witch Queen is coming to visit Uncle Percy's pack because I told her I found my mate. Grams, deciding that she couldn't wait for Ekon and I to have a break in our schedule, packed her bags an hour after our call ended and texted me that she is on her way.

That was the day before yesterday morning and it's a two trip so she should be here any minute but I was too tired to deal with that squirrelly old witch.

Uncle Percy gladly accepted her asking to come onto his territory and so did Ekon when Grams notified him that she'll be coming into his kingdom. I know Grams is here because of me finding my mate but I know Percy will take the opportunity to talk to her about the war.

Grandma Tempe doesn't even know that the King is my mate.

I've predicted that It's going to be very entertaining or very anxiety-inducing to watch her reaction.

"Little one," The King warns.

Popping one eye open to look at him after removing the pillow I sigh deeply. "Come on, Ekon." I crawl from my side of the bed to plop myself down in his lap, surprising him and myself. "You are friends with Grandma Tempe, you know how much a wacky person she is. Do you really want to deal with that at eight in the morning?"

"Yes, Queen Tempe is my friend and I haven't seen her in a while and now that I am mated to you, I'm sure to have my ass kicked for you being her granddaughter. So the sooner we see her, the sooner she can hurt me and the sooner I can heal."

I frown at his words, not really understanding why Grammy would hurt him for us simply being mates.

"Grams won't beat you for us being bonded," I say and he scoffs.

"I've been friends with her my whole life, I knew she had a granddaughter, she talked about you but it was rare and she never mentioned your name," Ekon explains. "She's viciously protective and if she thinks I've ravaged you in the most pleasurable ways, the ways I want to worship your body, she'll have my hide."

I blush at his words and hide my face into his chest.

Does he have to say things that makes it difficult for me to not jump his bones?

Not that he would mind...

Not the point.

"It'll be okay, I won't let her hurt you," I promise and Ekon stared at me nervously but I could see the mirth in his gaze.