TWENTY-ONE

I don't understand how you don't see the death behind my eyes begging to be given a purpose; a release; a victim.
I can feel it burning like how ember burns even when the fire is gone but,
I cant decide:
Does it want to kill me or does it want to kill you?

3rd POV

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE:

HATE BIRTHS HATE, WAR PT. 2

Separating once the rogue wolves came into the territory was harder than Renee imagined it would be. She had to tear herself away from the King, away from the only family she had left as they fought for their pack's lives and for a kingdom.

The war started; it was upon them and there's no way to reverse the clock, no way to back down or retreat.

The war is their to bite all their lives in half and Renee knew that its jaws wouldn't relax until they forced them to.

Queen Temperance went to her witches as they shot bottles of poisonous powder into the lines of the enemy. Archers taking down anyone they could, lead why Checkers. Ekon was shouting orders, warriors had been waiting for the powder to clear to fight, and protectors surrounding the ones not fight were on standby.

That was hours ago.

Dead bodies from both sides laid bloody in the fields, warriors still fighting next to their slaughtered brethren, leaders rage filled snarled sounding out.

Blood and guts and anger and sorrow and lose and death surrender everyone like an inescapable blanket of despondency.

The, as she ripped a rouges head from it's shoulders, Renee felt the pain of her mate.

It was a wrenching, sharp feeling in the middle of her stomach and it made the heir scream out in rage and horror; Ekon was her.

Power like never before tightened her muscles and exploded from her body like curling smoke, travelling through rogues and choking them, and strengthening each warrior around her, getting her look.

"What?" She gasped out, grabbing the smoke— it was tangible and cold and she could feel her own energy strumming through it.

Harnessing her new power, she tried to steer it towards rogues and was mostly successful— besides where she accidentally knocked down a tree.

Soon, all the enemies on her section of the battle was dead.

But her King was still in pain.

Ordering the warriors to stay against the border and disperse the extra men and woman to other section and to take any rouges that were alive to the cells for interrogation and reforms, and to also start caring for their injured and dead.

Then she left to find Ekon.

The war was still alive and booming and as she ran, she took down as many people as she could, her smoke like an extension of herself but it was wearing her down so she called it back into herself, crying out at the odd feeling of the power just resting underneath her fingertips like a ghostly reminder of how deadly she was.

Renee arrives to the field covered in blood.

Seeing Ekon being held down, everyone in a tense silence, warriors packed shoulder to shoulder, ready for a fight but all waiting, she knew; the Alpha King could die.

That could mean war for everyone— for vampires and witches and any supernatural being linked to a ruler.

Everyone could die.