Chapter 21

Jennie was sitting with Lisa in her living room while the blonde told her about what had happened the night prior. When Lisa had called her that morning saying she wanted to talk, Jennie could tell it was important and had been waiting for Lisa in the parking lot of her apartment building when the blonde got home from work.

“I can’t believe she’s alive,” Jennie said as she took in Lisa’s words. “Are you okay? Are you upset? I’d be upset. I can’t believe she would just show up.”

“I feel guilty being upset,” Lisa admitted. “I’m relieved that she’s alive and doing well.”

“You can be pissed, Lisa,” Jennie assured her. “She should’ve contacted you a lot sooner. Did she think she could come back and that you two would just get back together?”

Lisa sighed. “Stop attacking her, Jen. She-,”

“She hurt you,” Jennie stated. “And that automatically puts her on my shit list. So, what happens now? I’m just going to put it out there that I think Chaeyoung is good for you but it’s your life. You can do whatever you want. I just hope you know that Chaeyoung has been really good for you.”

Lisa opened her mouth to respond but Jennie continued. “Also, I like Chaeng and her friends. If you two break-up, then I lose those friendships. Think about that.”

Lisa rolled her eyes. “I’m glad you want me to make my decisions based off of what you want.” And I’m not breaking-up with Chaeyoung just because Sana’s back. I love Sana and I hope we can manage to be friends or at least keep in touch but Chaeyoung has my heart now. I think being with Sana helped prepare me for my relationship with Chaeyoung. If I had met Chaeyoung months ago before Sana, it would have never worked out. I was a completely different person. Maybe it is fate that things worked out this way.”

Jennie quirked a brow. “You don’t believe in fate.”

Lisa shrugged. “This kind of feels like fate.”

Jennie rolled her eyes but a smile was pulling at her lips. “You must be in love.”

Lisa smiled. “I am. I told Chaeyoung last night.”

Jennie looked impressed. “Look at you going all in. Did she say it back or was it awkward?”

“She said it back.”

“And how does she feel about Sana being in your life again?”

“She thought it meant we were over but I let her know that wasn’t the case. We’re good now. We talked a lot last night.”

Jennie was silent for a moment. “I still can’t believe Sana’s back. What’d she say when she found out you were seeing someone else?”

“She was happy for me. I could sense her disappointment, though. I hate that I probably broke her heart.”

“Well maybe she shouldn’t have-,”

“Don’t start,” Lisa warned her friend just as there was a knock on the door. She got up to answer it, smiling when she saw Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung gave Lisa a quick kiss. “Sorry, I know you’re hanging with Jennie. I can’t find my favorite pair of jeans and I’m about to go out with Seulgi and Jisoo.”

Lisa stepped aside to let Chaeyoung in. “They’re hanging in my closet. I’ll be right back.”

Once Lisa walked off, Chaeyoung looked over at Jennie. “Hey, how’s it going?”

“Let’s skip the small talk,” Jennie began. “Sana being back is a pretty big deal. How are you feeling about it?”

Chaeyoung moved to sit down beside Jennie. “Nervous, but there was a lot of talking last night and I’m trying to be more optimistic about the whole thing. Sana made it through a lot. I’m glad for her.”