Chapter 50- Exposure Prt.2

Authors Note:

OMG!!!! I am at chapter 50!!! Don't worry, the book will be over soon, but there are sequels!!!! I am at 13K reads and so grateful for all of you who read. Don't forget the comment vote and tell others to read!! I love you all so much.

Love,

Ali

"I like you. You are obviously confident and happy. If they all hate you, which they won't, I will be only friend here. Got it? Now let's go to the kids common room and then when you want we will go to your room. Your sister will come by later to say goodbye."

I heard some of his first words to me replay in my head. He was... He promised... He said he would be my friend. He was nice. I set him up wight the lady at the front desk. Why would he shoot me?

"Who is it Kay?" Kathy said, snapping me out of my realm of thought. I swallowed hard.

"James. He shot me." Kathy didn't react. "You mean the guy that led me to your room after you got out of surgery! The guy that had taken you away form me the day that you were accepted here!" She was reacting now.

She got really close to me. "Okay Katrina. You know that I don't like your scary mind powers but now, you really need to use them. Find James. I don't care if you teleport him, take over his mind, or knock him out and drag his unconscious body here with your head. I need you to bring him here before he can leave.

Knocking him out and dragging him seemed hard, teleporting wasn't really something I could do, so I took over his mind. I closed my eyes and focused on him. That was my way to ask Xander to do his thing.

And before I knew it. I felt connected to James. To his mind. To his location. I made him walk to the room. Kathy took off my restraints and let me tie James to a chair in the room.

"You sure it is him?" Kathy questioned. I dropped the blinds and locked the door responding," yes, Kathy. I remember him. I remember it all. Even the surgery. It is all permanently carved into my memory."

"Okay," she sighed," wake him up." I let go of my control over him. His eyes shot open. "What! Where am I?!?" He gasped.

"Don't play stupid!" Kathy yelled.

"What are you talking about!"

"Shooting me!"

"I didn't!"

"The whole in my chest begs to differ!"

"I didn't shoot you! Why would you! I promised that I would like you even when no one else did! Why would I shoot you?"

"Read his mind Kay."

I stopped. I focused on his mind.

And then...

"What the hell...." I said staring him in the eyes. "How did you.... Why did you..."

I was beyond baffled.

"What Katrina!?!"

"Tell her... Just say it."

I stared harder at him. I reached forward and grabbed his jaw in my hand. Believe me, it hurts when some one does that. I held his jaw in my grasp and gazed angrily at his.

"He shot me..."

"Say it Katrina! Say it!" James yelled.

" And he missed."