Chapter 26 // Lost

Everything was strange, first a story about a missing daughter, who Snapper tossed but Kyle choose to do it. Then Winn who got mugged, and didn't tell him anything. And Alex all happy and peppy. It was just- strange. But in the end he fixed the daughter case with Mon-El which was great! They had a great team up. And in the end he made himself a front page story, he even asked James to look into it and he thought it was great.

But now- now James was lying in front of him, on the ground. Dressed as Guardian. Kyle couldn't handle it. He just flew up into the sky and flew to his apartment where he knew Lena would be making dinner for them all. He landed on the balcony and had to keep himself from walking through the door and breaking it. In the end he just opened it and rushed to the kitchen. Lo and behold, Lena was cooking dinner, which was great, since she- but that didn't matter now. 

The first thing Kyle did when he saw her was to yell "James is Guardian!" 

Lena looked at him confused and asked "James as in Jimmy Olsen?" Kyle nodded. "And you don't know what you need to do now so you're going to ask me for help?" Kyle nodded again, and with that Lena took the food of the stove and completely turned towards Kyle. "So, let's get my facts straight,  you just found out that James is Guardian. And how do you feel?"

Kyle stayed silent for a second before saying "Mad, betrayed," One of Lena's eyebrows rose so he added "Scared, confused."

"And why do you feel scared and confused?"

"Because he's my friend... so I want the truth... and he can die..."

"And who says that you can't die?"

"I can't die because I'm not a human." Lena slowly nodded.

"Talk to him, ask for an explanation. If he really is that stupid you choose what you do. But I expect you here tonight, understood?" Kyle smiled and nodded, Lena was always perfect in this type of things. She was just the perfect girlfriend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And me and James are fighting! Great!"

Lena looked up from her wine glass and said "You're late, dinner already started."

Kyle nodded and sat down, he looked at Carter and asked "How was school buddy? I hope okay?" He smiled and nodded, Kyle knew that Carter had it difficult at school with friends and all. So Kyle asked every day how things where, hoping for improvement. He looked back at Lena and said "I'm sorry I'm late, had to deal with James... and maybe punch some cars after. But- I'm here now," His cell phone went off... Winn "And I'm gone again... please leave some for me." Lena nodded and made a shoo-motion. That was all it took for him to leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyle landed on the balcony again and walked inside, his boots clacking on the floor. It was late in the evening, they had defeated the Livewire impersonators. Suddenly he heard Lena yell "It's in the microwave."

Kyle smiled and walked to the kitchen he opened the microwave and yelled back "Thanks!" When he saw food ready to be eaten. He grabbed it out of the microwave, used his heat-vision and grabbed some cutlery. With that he walked to the living room, where Lena was seated. He sat down almost in front of her on the ground with his plate on the coffee table.

He took a bite and muttered "So good..." He turned to Lena and said "You know you're a great cook, right?" Lena smiled but shook her head, maybe Kyle was one of the first who got to enjoy many meals from her. But it was safe to say he felt privileged. Kyle stared at the screen again but for some reason his vision was blurry. He blinked a few times and out of nowhere a raging migraine was present. He groaned and grabbed towards his head, trying to let it stop to no avail.

He let out another groan and with that it was too much, his eyes slowly fell closed as he left the land of the awake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyle slowly blinked, he just woke up, in an unknown room. He quickly looked around and saw Lena sitting on one of the chairs, crying soundly. He looked confused and said "Lee, darling" Lena looked up, her eyes were red. But a gasp escaped her lips.

"Kyle!" Kyle groaned due to the volume "Sorry, but you're awake. Good- good." Kyle nodded and closed his eyes again, for some reason he felt like he lost something... like forgot. He thought and thought but couldn't come up with what...

So he opened his eyes again and said "Thank you for bringing me here again. I'm sorry for what happened."

Lena placed a hand on Kyle's shoulder and shook her head "There is no need to apologise, you have no control over those things- I already messaged Eliza, she also doesn't know what's happening. But it will be okay Kyle." Kyle nodded and with that Lena kissed his head. He closed his eyes again and thought, because it really felt like he was missing something.

But just like before he didn't know what so he opened his eyes and said "I must thank you for being a great girlfriend. I couldn't have wished for someone better," Lena nodded and sat down again, she took Kyle's hand in hers and gave it a light squeeze. Kyle smiled, even though it hurt, and said "If you ever think that you're not appreciated or accepted by me please say so. Because I want you and you only, understood?" Lena nodded again. And with that it dawned upon him.

He is going to marry that woman, and he is going to do it sooner rather than later. He- He will ask Mon-El to come with him and buy a ring. So that his girl can have it all- so she can see how much he wants her, just by looking at some piece of metal.

A/N For fanfic (other people's stuff)/updates and other stuff (Like voting for a new story) check my Instagram SupercorpMcGrath. I will do other fanfic (Other ships) if asked.