Chapter 4 // The Venture

Hours later Kyle landed in his apartment. The light were still on but he didn't mind. Suddenly he heard a voice "Kyle! What were you doing?" His head snapped towards Alex who was sitting on the couch. 

He took a step back, to the open window, and said "I-I just needed to clear my head."

Alex stood up and sighed she walked towards Kyle who was eyeing her suspiciously, ready to leave whenever he needed to. "Look Kyle, I get that everything is fucked up right now- But remember that somebody has to look out for you, so please stay with people."

Kyle nodded while he looked at the ground and with that he was pulled into a hug by Alex. Kyle breathed in Alex scent, something that normally would calm down, and calmed down. He finally relaxed a little. 

"I'm sorry- I- Everything just is so- so bad."

"I get it, especially since you just saw somebody from wherever he is from."

Kyle pulled away and said "It was a Kryptonian pod, but- shouldn't you be at the DEO?"

Alex shook her head and calmly explained "Family goes first, J'onn knew something was wrong- but since he can't look into your brain he doesn't know what- But he gave me the green light to stay with you." Kyle nodded and walked past Alex to his bedroom. He pulled of his suit, making him stand in his underwear in the middle of his bedroom. 

He grabbed his pyjamas from this bed and put them on, it were just basic shorts and a shirt. He turned towards Alex, who was leaning awkwardly against the wall "Do you want to sleep here?" She nodded "Just search for something in my drawer."

Alex chuckled and yelled at Kyle, who was walking to his bathroom to brush his teeth "You remember I have some clothes here, right."

Kyle smiled into the mirror and said a loud "Nope." Popping the 'p' to add a dramatic effect. He grabbed his toothbrush and toothpaste and slowly started to brush his teeth. Minutes later Alex came inside with a toothbrush in her hand and with that the siblings were brushing their teeth together.

Some time later Kyle walked into his bedroom and laid on his normal side, right. And waited for Alex to join him. He stared at the ceiling waiting for her while he nervously played with his fingers. Luckily it didn't take long, Alex laid down beside him and turned off the light. Leaving them in the darkness with an awkward silence. 

But minutes later, when Kyle was still staring at the ceiling, Alex spoke up "You are allowed to seek comfort little brother." With that Kyle all but flew himself at Alex, holding her tight. He needed this, he needed to feel something that was normal. And with that he finally fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~

Kyle walked inside the room where the alien was of the new DEO headquarters. That morning J'onn came to relief Alex of her babysit duty. Kyle walked towards the man and said "He has to be from Krypton," He walked around him and said "He must have escaped before the planet exploded like Clark and I did."

"He's comatose," Alex started "His vitals are stable. Breathing is normal. There is nothing else we can really learn from him because," She tried to pierce his skin with a syringe. But the end broke off.

"That proves," Kyle held his hand out "He's from Krypton."

"It only proves he is not human which means he could be dangerous." J'onn stated, Kyle knew they were talking further but he couldn't focus anymore. He walked out of the room to the balcony and held onto the railing. Suddenly Alex was beside her.

"So, you're okay?" He shook his head, there was no reason to lie. "Okay, uh, would you like to watch the Venture launch tonight with me?" 

Kyle smiled and said "Sure, my place?" She nodded, suddenly Kara got a text from miss Grant 'Kyle, my office. Five minutes. Wait on the couch.' Kyle looked up and said "I-I need to go, see you later sis." Alex smiled and nodded again. With that Kyle flew up into the sky and to his house to change. He quickly changed and rushed towards Catco, where he quickly rushed up the stairs to the highest floor, since using super speed there was quite easy, and sat down on the couch in Cat's office.