Chapter 28 // Mr. & Mr. Mxzyptlk

"My name is Mr. Mxyzptlk. And Kal-El, I love you." 

"First, let's set the mood," Kyle was still shocked, while the man his hands became blue. He snapped his fingers and said "Candles."

"Who are you exactly?"

"Then, music!" Four people suddenly appeared in his bedroom playing classical music.

Kyle took a step back and said "What the hell?"

"Next, flowers!" Kyle looked around, many flowers appeared. "And for the piece de resistance... the ring." Kyle looked back and saw that that guy was on one knee in front of him. "Kyle, love, it's like I said. I'm your one true love, your soulmate, your one true pairing as the kids say. My name is Mxzyptlk and I love you, Kal-El."

"Uh... oh..."

"Tell me, will you marry me?" Kyle chuckled and suddenly the guy started singing A Whole New World from Aladdin "I can show you the world..."

Suddenly Lena intervened "Hey, he is happily taken!"

The guy stood up, the music stilled as he said "The other suitor. I didn't see you there, short, dark and bland-some. You're barely there, let-"

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" It felt like Kyle had lost his temper one to many times in the past couple weeks. Both Lena and Mxzyptlk looked shocked at him "You don't speak of Lena that way."

"But Kyle, darling, she is just a ruthless woman. One out for her personal gain. With me- you can get anything." 

Kyle shook his head and said through gritted teeth "Get out."

"What?"

"I said GET OUT!"

Mxzyptlk took a step back and said "I will get you Kal-El. You will be mine, like it's meant to be!" With that he disappeared into the night sky.

Kyle took a couple deep breaths since he was close to hyperventilating. "I think it's time we go to the DEO." Lena nodded they had a lot to do...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mxzyptlk was a fifth dimensional being... which was great... like fantastic... Kyle was stopping a armed robbery when it all went wrong. He faced the guns towards the robbers and almost shot them. Kyle just stood there- mouth agape but was on time to stop the bullets from hitting them. He looked back at Mxzyptlk in disbelief, the guy had a smile and said "Let the wooing begin."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A monster was terrorising the streets of National City, both Mon-El and Kyle tried to stop him but failed. Suddenly a guy landed on the ground, the monster fled. A fire was spreading towards a fuel vehicle. Kyle quickly blew the fire out together with the help of the mystery man.

When it was finished he said "Superman?"

The man turned around, revealing Mxzyptlk. "Not quite."

"Mxy?" Kyle chuckled in disbelief "Are you serious?"

His hands moved to the big M on his suit "Thought you could use a little help, Supey-Baby."

Kyle turned towards Mon-El and said "I already had help, so no thanks."

"Him? That's a laugh. You're lucky I flew in when I did, Supergirl. I mean, do you think this fraud," He pointed at Mon-El "could have helped save the day? What superpower? I guess he could have leaped over Parasite like a gazelle."

"Hey, that's-"

Mon-El cut him off  "Oh, would you like to see my superpower?" 'Cause I will just rip you apart with my bare hands right here if you're," Kyle pushed Mon-El a bit back, knowing the guy needed to cool a bit down "interested in that."

"Spoken like a true Daxamite."

"And that's enough Mxy. Just go away, I am not interested and will never be interested! Okay? All the friend roles in my life are taken, and my real love is working right now. So just go away."

Mxzyptlk pointed his finger at Kyle and said "I won't ever stop. You will be mine."

Kyle sighed when the man left and turned towards Mon-El. "You are not one of those things, but please... relax next time. I have it covered." Mon-El nodded and pulled Kal-El in for a hug.

"Thanks bro."

Kyle chuckled and said "No problem."

"He needs to say his name backwards."

"Oh?" Kyle pulled back from the hug "That's the way I send him back?" Mon-El nodded "Thanks."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyle had to do something, Mxy's attempts became more dangerous by the minute. Suddenly he heard it, Lena's heart racing. With top-speed he went as fast as he could to Lena. She was at some sort of theatre. Kyle quickly landed inside and saw Lena bound up, with guns pointed at her. He knew he had to give himself up. He knew he had to let Lena live. So he yelled "I will marry you!" 

"You will?" Was the response he got.

Kyle nodded and said "Tomorrow, at noon at the Fortress of Solitude. Could I now have Lena back? I need to say that I don't want her and all that." Mxy nodded and with that Kyle retrieved a shocked Lena and brought her home, to their apartment since she had moved in.

Kyle put Lena on the ground and immediately he got slapped, it didn't hurt him but still he grabbed towards his face "Okay?"

"Okay?!? How could you do that! I-You're going to leave me for some imp?" Kyle shook his head, Lena sounded a bit more calmer "No? But- What are you going to do then?"

Kyle smiled "Trick him."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was done, he had won. Mxzyptlk was fading away, losing.

"You can't force love Mxzyptlk, you have to let it find you." With a grin on his face Kyle went back home, ready to kiss the love of his life senseless. And so he did, he kissed Lena. And kissed her a couple more times after that. He was at the right place- it wasn't Valentines Day anymore, but maybe- soon he could ask her to marry him. 

Because he knew that without her he would be nothing. He wouldn't be half the man he was today. He would just be Superboy, a puny man who was trying to survive alone, even though he was meant to be loved. No- Kyle was a man because of her care and love. He was hers.

A/N For fanfic (other people's stuff)/updates and other stuff (Like voting for a new story) check my Instagram SupercorpMcGrath. I will do other fanfic (Other ships) if asked.