Chapter 34 // Ace Reporter

Kyle sat in his office at Catco, looking at some report from afar, since he knew there was a problem with it. But he couldn't find what, yet. Suddenly he saw a figure walking into his office. He looked up and saw Lena, he immediately smiled. He stood up and walked towards her just to kiss her on the lips.

For some reason he saw that she was nervous, he had learned how to read her which was quite difficult, so he sat down on the couch and patted the spot beside him. She sat down and nervously fiddled with her ring on her finger. He placed a hand on her hand and asked "Are you okay?"

She looked at him and said "Yeah. No. Absolutely. Uh..." Kyle looked at her, and waited patiently "So, today there is this press conference for Spheerical Industries' new unveiling. Whatever they announce is gonna be the next big thing everyone wants."

"Are they your competition?"

"No, um... Their CEO, Jack Spheer and I used to date."

Kyle felt jealousy boil inside him so he asked "Until when?"

"Until I moved to National City," With that Kyle hastily stood up and closed the doors, not making eye contact with Lena for quite some time. He took a deep breath, looking at the employees in front of him and turned around "He has sent me a personal invite Kyle."

"Jack- Jack is my kryptonite. He makes me weaker when I'm around him- so, could you go with me?" Kyle closed his eyes and scratched his stubble.

In the end he opened his blue eyes again and said "If that's what you need, then sure."

Lena stood up and walked towards him, she kissed his cheek and said "Thanks," she took a step back and with that she said "Go grab your coat, my driver is waiting downstairs." Kyle nodded and quickly grabbed his coat, not wanting for his fiancee to wait too long.

~~~~~~~~~

After one heck of a presentation later Kyle and Lena were walking hand in hand towards a spot they could just talk to each other about it in peace. Suddenly they heard a very British "Lena," They turned around, their hands away from each other, and saw Jack "I'm glad you came."

Lena smiled and said "Yeah, I wouldn't miss it for the world." With that Lena got pulled into a hug. Jack looked at Kyle and held out his hand.

Kyle took it and said "Kyle Danvers," With that they shook hands

"I know that Mr. Danvers, many people know you." Kyle smiled and slowly nodded.

"So it's safe to say that I also followed your career without people having problems with it?" Jack chuckled. He looked between Lena and Jack and said "Maybe I should leave you two alone," He patted Jack on the shoulder and said "Leave my fiancee complete please."

Jack put his hands up in defence, not showing any kind of shock, and said "Sure Mr. Danvers, will do." And with that Kyle was gone.

~~~~~~~~~

A guy just was killed... when he was telling Kyle about how the human test trials of the Biomax Nanobots... Kyle was flying to home in his super suit, he just had warned Alex about it. He was thinking about what to do, he knew Lena would just read through him but in the mean time he would just stay silent about it- hoping he could do some more digging before the end. He landed on their balcony and walked inside, just like before, when Kyle got back from the whole musical fiasco, Carter was at a friends.

Since Kyle was in his full super suit he had to change, so he immediately walked to their walk-in closet not saying a thing to Lena who was in the bedroom, going over some blueprints. Kyle changed into some sweatpants and a t-shirt and walked out of the walk-in closet. He looked at Lena who was eyeing him and said "Sorry, wanted to get out of the suit," She slowly nodded and with that he walked up to her and placed a kiss on her lips "So, how it everything with my favourite CEO?"