Chapter 10 // Hurt

Kyle went inside the room where the man from Daxam was being held. Kyle kept his distance from the man from Daxam- but Kyle was wrong, he wasn't the one trying to kill the President, no they had the real aggressor in custody after she kidnapped Maggie Sawyer. So Kyle was walking to the control tablet while he said "So, does everyone in this world have super powers or is it just us?" Kyle ignored him as he pushed the button to open the door. The door opened and Kyle walked in, he leaned against the door post as the Daxamite said "Uh, what's going on?" He titled his head a little and said "Thought I was a dangerous killer."

Kyle looked up at him and said "I don't know you at all. And it was a mistake of me to misjudge you just because you're from Daxam. You didn't try to kill the President," Kyle looked down and continued "And I apologise for assuming you did." Kyle stood up and said "My name is Kal-El, or on this planet Kyle Danvers, and I'm from Krypton. And just like you, I'm a refugee on this planet," Kyle smiled and said "Earth."

Kyle held out his hand to shake and luckily for him the man shook it and said "My name is Mon-El," They stood a bit awkwardly as he asked "So, uh, what now? Can you help me get in touch with my home world?"

Kyle looked down and said "You might want to sit down for this," Mon-El sat down so Kyle continued "When Krypton was destroyed the debris showered onto Daxam."

"Yeah, I know, that's... That's why I got out of there in a hurry."

Kyle nodded and said "Some of the larger masses struck Daxam's moon disrupting the gravitational force of the planet."

Mon-El looked confused as he asked "Wait, what are you... What are you saying?"

Kyle sighed "Daxam is still there, but it was ravaged by solar storms... It's a wasteland now," Mon-El stared in disbelief "Your home... My home... They're, uh... They're gone."

"Could- Could I have some time alone?"

Kyle smiled and stood up "Of course." And with that he left the room and went to his apartment 

When he entered his apartment there was a knock on the door. When he used his x-ray-vision he saw no other than General Sam Lane. Kyle opened the door for the man and immediately stepped aside to let him in. "Sorry to keep you waiting, sir."

"It's no problem Kyle, things like that can happen."

Kyle nodded and closed the door behind Sam Lane. "So what can I do for you, sir?"

Sam stopped inspecting the place and turned around towards Kyle "Why are you saying no to my daughter, son?"

Kyle gulped his saliva down and said "Lucy is just fresh out of a relationship, I am not a guy who wants to be a rebound or wants to be the guy who everybody thinks as the girlfriend thief."

Sam placed a hand on Kyle's shoulder and said "Look- I get that you need to be a gentleman, but I kinda like you. And you are a way better match for my daughter than any other man in this city. You're loyal, handsome and caring. And not some stupid man like that Kent guy. No, you have brains but you still are 'cool'," Kyle nodded and listened carefully "So give Lucy a chance, you aren't the rebound. You are the only one that she wants." Kyle slowly nodded, it- Did he feel something for Lucy? He had absolutely no idea... but he felt something for Lena... 

But Kyle took a deep breath and said "Okay, I-I will do it." He didn't really know why- but he wanted General Lane gone. 

Suddenly General Lane pulled him into a hug and said "Thank you son, I know you will make me proud," Kyle was completely stiff and was happy when Sam let go again and walked towards the door, he opened it and before we left he said "She will be here in five minutes. Prepare yourself."

Kyle put the lock on the door and slowly stumbled to his couch, when he finally sat down he grabbed his phone and dialled Cat's number. After it ringing three times Cat answered "Kyle, it's your free day. What's wrong?" Kyle kept staring at the wall in front of him and was completely silent. "Kyle- are you okay? Tell me what's wrong honey," Kyle tried to speak but nothing came out. "That's it, I am sending Alex. Just- hold on okay?"

For the first time Kyle got an sound out, he let out a sob, one single sob and got silent again. Cat was saying something but it completely flew past Kyle, who didn't even flinch when he heard the door being kicked in. No he just stayed completely stayed still. He felt arms around him and that's when he broke. He didn't know why he broke but he did it. He didn't even know who was holding him- but he accepted the comfort from it. 

Kyle cried and cried. The last couple of days came finally falling down. Kyle took a deep breath, trying to calm down, but to no avail. He was close to blacking out since he was hyperventilating. He couldn't calm down. Nothing helped. 

His breathing became worse, the air that he breathed was little to nothing. Someone stabbed him and let something enter his bloodstream. His breathing became slower- as his eye vision turned even more blurry than before. Kyle gasped for air, but nothing came in. He closed his eyes again, wanting this moment to stop- wanting to give up.

The final moment finally came when he opened his eyes and saw that his vision was slowly turning black. He let out one last sob before he let his eyes fall close and the sleep take over. And with that he was gone.