Chapter 3 // Beer

She opened the door and smirked "Catco." And with that she closed the door behind her.

Kyle fell down on the couch and put his head in his hands. He took a deep breath thinking about what just happened. Kyle heard the door open and quickly turned around. He let out a breath he didn't knew he was holding when he saw Alex standing there and stood up.

"Why did Lucy just walk past me?"

"I really have no idea. I- She warned me about Lena Luthor coming into town," Kyle knew the name Luthor- But should she feel bad or anything? He had absolutely no idea. "And I have no idea what I should do with that information. Since there is a chance that Lena isn't like Lex, right?"

Alex hesitantly nodded after some time but she did nod. "Okay good- so, uh. I'm okay?" Kyle sounded a bit hesitant at the end, he wasn't sure who he was trying to persuade in believing that he was okay, him or Alex. But he sighed when he saw Alex nod.

He almost jumped up from shock when Alex said "You're not really okay, are you?"

He let out a deep sigh and placed both of his hands on his knees. While he looked at Alex, who was sitting beside him, as she explained "It's quite a lot... giving up on your life and in the end not dying. But- I'm here and alive. Which- Which feels strange. Like I am living in this shell which isn't actually me." He couldn't come up with better words for the problem he was facing. The big thing was that he couldn't tell Alex what was happening since she apparently only knew as Kyle.

"Okay," Alex let out a breath "So- I- I am going to advice now as both your sister and doctor, seek a therapist. You- Maybe they can help?" Kyle nodded, Alex was right. Maybe that person could shape them into the right mindset for being a male.

Kyle rubbed his hands and said "I just got promoted. I will even have my own office."

Alex exclaimed "You got what?"

"Promoted."

"And you will even have your own office?" Kyle nodded and with that Alex all but flew herself onto Kyle and wrapped him in a hug. Kyle chuckled because of his sister's enthusiasm.

He rubbed Alex' back and said "Thanks for your support."

When Alex pulled back she grinned and said "No problem little brother." And ruffled Kyle's hair.

Kyle quickly put his hair back like it used to be and said "That's not nice!"

"Kyle, of course that's not nice. But I am your big sister. I have to do it." Kyle mumbled something mad and crossed his arms. "Don't be so childish Kyle!"

Kyle just grinned and stood up, he walked to his kitchen and asked "What would you like to drink?"

"A beer please, James is the driver tonight." For some reason Kyle also wanted a beer, but he never drank. He still grabbed two beers and popped the crown cap off with just his fingers and walked with the two bottles of Heineken to the couch.

He gave one to Alex and as he sat down he took one long swig, normally the beer would taste horrendous, but now- now it tasted pretty good. He quickly took another swig. And with that Alex and Kyle just had a relaxing evening with each other. Hours later there was a knock on the door. Kyle already finished his fourth beer and stood up, not having a problem since he had the right genes and walked to the door. He opened it and saw Eliza standing on the other side. So he smiled and opened the door a bit more to let her in.

Eliza pulled her into a tight hug and said "Never do that again."

Kyle kissed Eliza's cheek and when he pulled away he said "I won't, sorry."

Eliza squeezed Kyle's upper arms and said "No need to apologise, I am proud of you."

He curtly nodded and walked to the fridge, he looked over his shoulder and asked "What would you like to drink?"

"Just water please." He nodded and grabbed a glass, filled it with water and walked to the couch where Eliza was sitting in the armchair, he placed the glass on the table and sat down beside Alex again. "So Alex, Kyle, is everything alright with you?"

Alex was the first to speak up "Yeah mom, everything is alright with us." Alex looked at Kyle who gave her a nod as a thank you.

"Good, I am proud of you both," Both Kyle and Alex smiled at her "I do have a question."

Kyle leaned forward in his seat to grab his beer and said "Do tell."

"Could- Could we maybe put a plate out for Jeremiah?" Kyle smiled and nodded, with that he glanced to his table and saw it was a bigger one than he had before, this one could seat at least two people more.

Kyle looked back at them and said "If that's what you want Eliza then we will do it." Eliza gratefully smiled and curtly nodded.

~~~~~~~~~

Kyle just popped the champagne and filled the glasses. When filled everybody grabbed one, Kyle looked around the circle and smiled. This was it. This was his family. Maybe having Cat around was a bit weird- but he could get used to having Carter and Cat around, since he was a nice boy and Cat- Cat was quite nice in the group.

J'onn was saying his toast and when he finished Kyle smiled and said "Wait, I- I think it's better that we use this toast to family. Because if I or anybody in this group would be doing it alone it would have been so much more difficult. So, to family!" He said while he raised his glass. The others repeated him and while he lifted the glass to his mouth when he heard it, a explosion. He quickly rushed to the window and looked outside- some meteoroid? He quickly pulled his clothes off, revealing his suit and looked at J'onn who nodded. With that they flew out of the window.

Kyle quickly flew to the place where that 'thing' landed and walked towards it. He gasped and said "That pod," He looked at it "It's identical to mine, it's from Krypton."

Kyle rushed towards the front and heard J'onn yell "Superboy, be careful!" Kyle arrived at the front and heard "You don't know what's in there."

Kyle opened the pod by using quite some power and said "Oh my Rao..." While he looked down at a man not much older than he was. He turned towards J'onn and said "Could- Could you take care of him?" J'onn nodded and with that Kyle flew up into the sky.