THIRTEEN

A

A.N. I haven't added any face claims for Rochelle yet, although I have a picture of what she looks like in my mind. I'd be interested to know who you all see her as based on her descriptions (caramel skin, dark hair) I may add a chapter with face claims for all the other characters but idk yet

Hope you all enjoy this chapter, pls be an active reader & vote/comment

ROCHELLE

When I push open the door to the conference room, I find that Louis, Harry and Niall are already seated at the long glass table placed in the centre of it. Harry doesn't acknowledge my presence at all, and as I walk in I notice Louis' gaze flitting between us both with a hint of suspicion, which I can only assume stems from when he caught me sleeping in Harry's apartment after the lockdown drill. Niall is the only one who really gives me a reaction, eyes widening and grinning at me as I walk into the room.

"Rochelle! I didn't know you were coming to this," he greets me happily, making me smile as I take a seat at the table. "Who else is coming?"

"This is it," Louis says, surprising all of us.

"What, only four of us are needed for this mission?" Harry asks with furrowed eyebrows, seeming sceptical about it.

"No, three, actually," Louis replies. "Anton's put me in charge of the mission, but I'm not going on it."

"I don't understand why he picked these two to go on it then," Harry says, hand gesturing to where Niall and I are sat opposite him.

"Hey, we are here, you know?" Niall retorts snappily, not seeming happy with Harry's comment.

"Anton knows Horan is highly skilled with computers," Louis points out, causing Niall to shoot Harry a smug look, to which he rolls his eyes in response. "As is Costello. He specifically picked them because he believes they'll be very useful for the nature of this job."

"So what is this mission then?" I ask curiously, tapping my nails against the glass table as I begin to grow a little impatient.

"Have any of you ever heard of the company Mexus?" Louis asks, eyes scanning over the three of us as we all shake our heads. He presses a button on the small remote in his hand, illuminating the screen behind him with an image of what looks the logo of the company he just mentioned. "It's a private corporation which develops computer software for companies on a global scale."

"Ok?" Harry responds, clearly struggling to understand the relevancy of this information. "What's the problem?"

"The problem," Louis begins. "is that over the past few months, Mexus has been developing a computer worm which creates backdoors into the databases of many secret intelligence organisations."