FORTY SEVEN

A

A.N. pls be an active reader, & I hope you enjoy this chapter!

HARRY

Rochelle and I leave the hotel a couple hours after we wake up, first wanting to take advantage of the room service breakfast before heading back to the institute where we pretty much have to eat the same foods everyday. As we move through the day, sat side by side in the backseats of a taxi, lugging our bags around the stations and cramped up together at a table seat on the train, something feels different between us. Something in the air feels different.

We touch each other more, innocent touches, like Rochelle brushing away some lint from my shoulder, or me tucking some loose strands of hair behind her ear that she hasn't noticed. The movements seem so natural that I don't think I'd even pick up on them if it wasn't for the fact that the only thing on my mind seems to be last night. I keep thinking about how our intimacy last night felt so different to all the times we've slept together before, like it was more real somehow, more intense.

We've been naked in front of each other many times before, but last night felt like the first time we've ever been fully bare in front of each other. It feels like I have pieces of her embedded under my skin, and she's got pieces of me clasped tightly between her fingertips. I don't know whether it was the sex or the fact that we've just grown more comfortable with one another as time has passed, especially over these last few days, but I've never felt this close to anyone else before.

The train arrives at the station as evening begins to draw in, and Rochelle and I immediately head to the car park where Anton had one of his men drop off a car for us so we can drive back to the institute. Somehow, and I'm not entirely sure how, Rochelle convinces me to let her drive back. To be quite honest, I didn't even know she could drive, and it only takes a couple miles down the road until I come to the conclusion that she probably shouldn't drive, either. She almost stalls the car twice and nearly crashes into a bush, all while singing along to some pop song as if she's having the time of her life. However, despite the fact my life is in quite imminent danger, I find myself enjoying it too, a smile on my face as I watch her dark hair flying out behind her in the breeze from the open window, her laugh just as melodic as the music playing on the radio.

And as I stare at her, admiring her beauty and that sweet, yet incredibly sexy smile that she shoots me whenever she catches me looking at her, I can't even imagine feeling this way about anyone else but her.

———————

1 week later

I press my back against the concrete wall, my arms folded over my chest as I watch the trainees file into the room one by one. Just like they always do, my eyes find Rochelle amidst all the others, watching her much more closely than anyone else. Her high ponytail swings behind her as she walks in with her usual effortless confidence, her lips arched into her usual smile as she laughs at something Connie just said to her.