NINETEEN

A

A.N. literally the love of my life it's fine. also can we discuss Harry literally getting his life at Ariana's concert in London? He was singing and dancing to everything ugh we love a king with taste

ROCHELLE

A few days later, a group of trainees are called to a meeting with Harry and Louis, where we're told that we've been selected to go on a very crucial mission for the institute. We're informed that every couple of months, the trainers take a trip to collect supplies for the institute, which of course I already knew as Harry took me to the supply room one time, but obviously I don't mention that. However, apparently the supplies base has been compromised by an enemy intelligence organisation, so our mission is to go and seize it back. And if we don't, we're basically going to starve and die at the institute, as Louis so graciously points out.

Once the meeting is over, we get changed into our protective uniform and then our small group is led into a room to collect some weapons while Harry continues to speak. "As I'm sure you've noticed, those of you that have been picked are those with the best shooting abilities, which will be very useful for this rather unique mission." As he talks, he gestures to the large table covered in a vast collection of guns that's already been laid out, causing a few excited murmurs from the group. "If the enemy forces belong to the organisation that we suspect, then they're going to be heavily armed and ready for a fight. So we need to be just as prepared, if not more."

My gaze scans the table of weapons, eyes widening at the impressive selection. When Harry orders the group to select the weapons that we're the most skilled with, I practically jump at the chance to inspect the different guns on offer, picking up a few different options to test how they feel in my hands. I move onto knives next, carefully sliding my hand along the table as I decide between which ones I like the best. Once I've picked out my weapons, I begin to arm myself, securing a few guns to my belt and slipping the knives into any available spaces on my uniform until I can feel the added weight of it all when I walk.

Out of the corner of my eye, I feel Louis watching me but I don't pay him much mind until he begins to approach me, eyeing me up and down as I slip a knife into my boot. "You look like you're going off to fight a war with all of that," he comments.

Pulling myself up to stand straight again, I just raise my eyebrows at him. "Shouldn't we treat every mission like we're going to fight a war?" I ask rhetorically. "I'm just making sure I'm prepared."

"Being prepared is one thing," he muses, gaze averted from mine as he scans the number of weapons secured to my belt. "I reckon you could singlehandedly take out everyone with all those weapons."

"I don't need loads of weapons to be able to do that," I reply sweetly, although my words just cause Louis to hum lowly.

"You're very confident about your abilities," he murmurs as he eyes me with a hint of skepticism. If I was the anxious type, the way he's looking at me rather suspiciously would make me feel quite uneasy, but I'm not put off my game that easily. When his blue eyes meet mine after scanning me once more, he quirks an eyebrow quizzically. "Are you aware of that?"