Chapter 17

Walking up to their front door didn't make me nervous. In fact, it gave me a wave of confidence. I don't even know what I'm going to say. Maybe I wont say anything, maybe I'll just slap him, it might knock some sense into him.

I knocked and waited. Now would be a really good time to get scared. Instead I was drowning in confidence. I'm not going to sweet talk him into giving me answers. Not this time.

When the door opened I was surprised to see Eli behind it. Normally Tristan answers the door.

"Scar? What the hell?"

I'm not here to talk bullshit so listen.

I tried to push past this so many times over the past few days but I can't. You don't just go to a football game, tell me you'll be home in an hour and ask me to wait for you, go out, get drunk, come back screaming and not expect me to ask questions. So, where were you?

"I was...at a party." He said slowly. "I had to go." He added.

Oh, so this party was mandatory?

"Well, no, but as quarterback of the football team I do have to go to events like that."

I would hardly call an underage drinking high school party an event. Why did you ask me to come if you were just going to lie to me? I didn't even want to go to that stupid football game in the first place!

"Then why the hell did you come!?"

For you! Everything I've done in this relationship has been for you! I waited for you at my locker just like you asked and I got attacked. I stood in my room in my house and listen to you call me a clingy bitch. I take time out of my schedule to help you with homework so you can past tests an participate in football games just so you can leave me and get drunk, never mind that I have my own homework to finish. And then you ask me to change around my work schedule so it's convenient for you.

"I never asked you to do that stuff for me."

What the fuck Eli? I did all that stuff because you asked me to do it. And even if you didn't I still would because I love you. And that's what people who love each other do. I don't know much about relationships, but I do know that this is not it. One person should not be the only one trying and making an effort while the other one just sits back and laugh at their pathetic efforts. I'm done Eli, I'm really done.

I wasn't expecting to type that last part, but at the moment my fingers were controlled by emotions and I hate to admit it, but I feel myself slowly falling out of this relationship. And most importantly, I feel myself falling out of love with Eli.

"What do you mean you're done?"

I mean I don't want to be in this relationship anymore If I'm the only one that's making an effort and contributing. I'm tired of shit happening and then moving past it like it never happened.

"Scar please. Don't leave just stick with me a little longer. I can't loose you too."

I can't loose you too. I can't loose you too. I can't loose you too. The words replayed in my head like a broken record.

"Give me a second chance. Please."

I believe everyone needs a second chance. I want this relationship to work. I can't seem to shake my feeling for him. Even now I feel the pull to be close to him. I want him, like, really want him. i need him.

With a clouded mind I nodded my head.

Please don't make me regret it.

"I wont, I promise." 

I just nodded my head again.

"We can hang out now." He suggested. "I'll pop some popcorn and we can watch some movies on Netflix."

Before I had time to answer he pulled me inside and sat me down on his living room couch. I texted my mom to tell her I'd be getting home late.

Surprisingly my mom wasn't upset when I didn't come home that one night. When I got home the next morning, she wasn't there. She was working late. So...she wasn't upset, she just doesn't know that I wasn't at home Friday. I know if I tell her she'll flip, and I would like to graduate highschool with my head.

"Okay, what movie do you want to watch?" Eli asked.

I don't know, what movies do you have?

"Well we just got Netflix a few weeks ago so we have a lot."

He flipped through the movies by genre and decided on Romeo + Juliet.

"Ugh, Rofando and Juliet is so boring!" He whined.

Rofando? Seriously Eli? His name is right there on the screen!

"Oh same thing, whatever his name is doesn't change the fact that story is boring."

But this is the modern version with Leonardo Di Caprio.

"Modern? 1996 is not modern, and I don't trust a guy without an Oscar."

He does't need an Oscar, he's doing fine on his own.

"Thar's what the government wants you to think."

Romeo and Juliet is a tragic love story about a boy and a girl who want to be together but its like the whole universe is against them. So it's not boring its more...intriguing. You read the book, you can't tell me that there was not a scene in the book that you didn't find interesting.

"I never read the book, I fall asleep in that class."

You fall asleep? Why?

"Hey, if the class wasn't so fucking boring then I wouldn't."

Just play the movie.

"Alright, alright."

Just like in class Eli fell asleep. I don't even think he was trying to stay awake. After the movie was over I looked over at him.

His head was on the back of the couch and he was snoring pretty loudly. It wasn't even a cute soft snore.

Ignoring the snoring I cuddled up next to him and laid my head on his shoulder and drifted off to sleep.

(Okay guys first off. The past week has been rough. I never got a chance to get my laptop to Best Buy so they can fix it. I have to wait until the beginning of next month when I have more money, so sometimes it works and sometimes it just gives me a hard time.

Second, I'm in online school and at the time I was living in Vegas with my grandmother and then I moved back in with my mom and dad in Maryland so I got a little bit behind on my schoolwork and the past week kind of let me catch up a bit.

Third, I understand you guys want more chapters and believe me I want to write you more and update more often. Before I started posting twice a week the chapters were roughly around 1,500 words. I'm reducing that to 1,000 words. I'm starting to pre-write chapters and that will allow me to crank out a lot more.

Fourth, yes, I am busy. I'm only a 15 year old sophomore in high school, but with the online school I'll be graduatig next year. So that gives me about two years to work and save up money for college and going to England so I can do my last two years of college.

Finally, For a little while Scar and Eli are going to be taking things kind of slow. I have big surprises for the characters several chapters from now. So just stay with me I know what I'm doing. I don't know how long this  book will be, I'm hoping to hit the 35 chapter mark, but there will be no sequel and no Eli POV.

Hope you enjoy this chapter! Happy Monday!)