Chapter 36

3 YEARS LATER

"How was work." My roommate, Christine asked.

I lifted up my thumbs to say it was good.

"You hungry? I was just about to order something."

I nodded my head. I'm famished. She orders pizza while I wash up. Today has been a productive day. I work for one of the best journalist companies in the state. I'm only a PA but it's the closest thing I've had to my dream job in a while.

I tell Christine all about it at dinner. She's happy for me of course. She's been my best friend since freshman year. It wasn't until last year that we decided to get out own place and split the rent.

"So are you moving to L.A next year after graduation?"

I don't know, it's a whole year away, I haven't decided yet. What about you? Are you staying here or going back to Seattle?

"I think I might stay here. I like it here. Moving back to my home state is the last thing I want to do."

I nodded my head. Summer has started and I am ready to let my hair down and chill. This year was the first year of my major. This has been the best year of college. Then next year I'll graduate and I can get a full time job and move to L.A.

The next day at work during lunch I got a call from the front desk.

"Ms. Rose there is a very handsome young man here to see you." She whispers over the phone. Of course I can't ask who so I hang up and let my curiosity lead me to the front desk.

When I get there she points to the man standing in the middle of the lobby with a bag over his shoulder.

I almost didn't recognize him, but how could I forget the curly mess of hair on top of his head. He grew out his beard and moustache but other than that he looks the same. He looks more rugged and more bad ass than usual. He's wearing big glasses and is dressed in all black. He looks dangerous and all rebel like. It's hot.

I walk up to him. I can't help but stare. He looks so good standing here all...mysterious.

Tristan? Is it really you?

"You haven't changed one bit." His voice is low and hunkier, sexier.

I can't say the same about you. Look at you, you've changed. A good change though.

"I'm in town for a while. Your mom gave me your address, but when I was there your friend told me you were at work and told me that you should be at lunch soon.

Yeah I'm about to go to lunch right now.

"Do you want to grab lunch with me?"

What are you doing here? I asked, ignoring his question.

"You told me that in a few years I could come find you and catch up and then we could be together. Well here we are 3 years later. Ready to catch up?"

Holy shit. He actually took me seriously. I was hoping he would. Hoping he would come sooner rather than late but he's here now. I grabbed him and hugged him tightly. I breathed in his scent. Hes here in the flesh. I can't believe it. Tears spill out my eyes. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to him.

"I love you." He says it so quietly that I almost don't hear it.

When I pulled away a smile forms on his face.

Where do you want to go?

"Anywhere. I don't care as long as I'm with you." He blushes.

There's an Applebee's down the street, we can walk.

"Okay." He nods his head.

We walk down to the restaurant and we get seated into a booth.

I have so many questions.

"Ask away."

Why did you come?

"I still love you Scarlette. You told me a few years, I would wait a hundered if it meant I could be with you even for a day."

How long are you here?

"I'm moving here. If you want to be with me, that is."

Of course I want you here. What have you been doing the past 3 years?

"Well after you left Eli graduated the next year, he's attending WSU, why he chose Wahington is beyond me, he's always wanted to move to Seattle so I guess that's why."

My roomate is from Seattle, she doesn't plan on moving back.

He nods. "Let's see what else? Oh, I did continue teaching, for two years.  Almost didn't come. I went and talked to your mom, told her about my feeling for you, she was happy of course, she said she really likes me. I thought you would forget about me, that's why I was so hesitant. I thought that once I got here and you saw me you would laugh in my face for showing up and you would have a new boyfriend or something. Your mom reassured me that you weren't seeing anyone and that she would never forgive me if I didn't come to see you."

Sounds like my mom. I havn't forgotten about you Tristan. You're on my mind every single day. I feel so bad for leaving you the way I did. I felt like there was something I could have done to better that whole conversation. I want you to stay. I waited and waited for you to come and you're here.

You could see his smile from outter space. The waiter brought our drinks.

"So what about you? What have you been up to?"

As soon as I started school I met my roommate Christine, she's been my bestfriend since freshman year. I work as a PA in publishing. School has been going well, I'm top of my class. Next year I graduate and I'm probably going to move to L.A and find a magazine that will take my advise colum.

He frowns. "So you have your future all planned out. And it doesn't include me."

You want to hear my altenative plans for the future? After 3 years you would come find me and we can be together, and you and I move to L.A. and we move in together and we get married and have kids and live happily ever after in our perfect life.

"Marrige and kids? I like that future." He smirks at me.

I knew you would.

(It's not over yet people. There is one more chapter and i'm thinking about doing a bonus chapter let me know what you think. Happy Monday!)