Chapter 19

Friday passed and then it was Saturday. You know the days of the week.

Tonight was the night of Eli and I's first date and by the time the clock read 1 in the afternoon I got really nervous. In 8 hours he would be here and I am freaking out. I don't even know what to wear. I don't own and dresses and he said to dress fancy.

I heard a knock at my door. My mom's face appeared and she gave me a smile. "I found a dress that you might like."

The dress that my mom pulls from behind her has me in shock. It was a red cocktail dress with some type of black lacing.

Mom where did you find this?

"This is the dress I wore on my first date with your father. I kept it in really good shape because I knew this day was coming. Now it is half a size smaller than what you're use to but that will make it even more perfect."

Before I had time to ask her what she meant she dragged me into her room.

"Pick a body wash."

Why she made that sound like she had hundreds of body washes under her bathroom sink I don't know. She only had 3.

I picked the one that smelled like lime and coconut. This one will always be my favorite.

"Shower. There is a robe right here on the door when you're done."

I pretty much took the longest shower ever. When I finished I put on my robe and my mom came in.

"Now we need to shave."

Wait, what? The shock on my face must have been deep cause my mom felt the need to explain.

"The dress is short. And trust me you do not want to go on your first date with hairy legs."

My legs were not even that hairy. I let my mom do it anyway. She seems to be more excited about my date than I am. Maybe my excitement is run over by nerves.

When my mom was done. She told me that she would do my make up. Of course I refused but she wouldn't take no for an answer.

It felt kind of weird having my mom pamper me. I should be doing this with a girlfriend or something. I guess my mom is as good as any. It's nice hanging out with my mom.

When she finished my make up it was just like she promised. Light and simple. I can't explain what she used cause I never wear make up, but the eye make up wasn't too dark or too light. It was perfect. She added lip gloss and pair of black ear rings.

"Okay, shoes." She brought out a pair of black heels with a little bow on top. "Their simple but the main dish is the dress the shoes and the earrings are the sides." Why she feels the need to compare my outfit to a 3 course dinner I don't know. Honestly it only made me more hungry.

I looked at my full appearance in the mirror. My mom was right about the dress. The fact that is was half a size smaller made the dress hug my curves perfectly. My makeup accented my outfit, and the other little accessories tied everything together. 

I looked at the time. It's almost 8 Eli should be here any second.

Mom thank you. Everything is just perfect.

"No need to thank me. Besides, what are moms for?"

The bell rang and my mom goes down to answer it.

"Hello Eli."

"Hey Ms. Rose."

"Scar will be down in a second."

I grab the purse from off my bed and start descending the stairs.

When Eli saw me I swear he almost fainted.

"Holy shit." He breathed. He obviously didn't care if my mom was standing right next to me.

I blushed and looked down. Eli was wearing a normal black and white tux with a black tie and shoes. His hair was more tamed and he looked good.

"So Eli, where are you taking her?"

"Uhm t-there's an Italian restaurant just outside of town. I saw it there last week. It just open so I thought it would be good."

"Anything else you're doing tonight."

"No, not that I have planned anyway."

"Well you kids have fun and Eli, Keep her out as long as you like."

"I'll have her back before 12. Promise."

"Good."

Eli grabbed my hand and led me out to his car.

The drive was pretty lengthy, but it was filled with a comfortable silence.

I couldn't help but think of how lucky I am. To have someone like Eli. I know I'm only in high school, but I am truly in love. I love everything about him. His smile, his laugh and all his features. We've been together for a month. and weather it's too soon or not I don't care. I know I'm in high school. I don't care if I get my heart broken. I'm just living in the moment for right now.

I played with the hem of my dress nervously. I noticed how my hand trembled and my eyes kept wandering over to Eli.

I'm so nervous that I'm going to be the one to mess this up. I just know I'm going to do something to make him not love me anymore. I'm never going to find someone to love me like him.

Eli must have sensed my nerves. He grabbed my hand and intwined his fingers with mine.

"Relax." He whispers.

The butterflies in my stomach were still there they just stopped fluttering.

When we arrive at the restaurant I'm happy to see what I see. The restaurant was not big and fancy. It wasn't small like a diner either. It had space. There was a bar to the right where people drank and watched football. The usual. The colors, brown and bronze, were coordinated together perfectly.

We walked up to the podium. "I have a reservation for two."

"Name?"

"Eli Smith."

"Right this way sir."

(I'm so sorry to do this to you guys. You may think I'm evil but I'm not. The dress to the side Is what Scar is wearing tonight. Perfect. I know. I decided to update today because its Halloween! My second favourite Holiday so this is a special update. What do you guys think? Hope you enjoy this chapter. Have a good Friday!)