Chapter Nine

*One year later*

"Jessie?" I sat up and rubbed my eyes, looking over at the spot where my fiancé was suppose to lay. Where was he? I got up and walked out of the bedroom and into kitchen. "Jessie?" I called again as I poured a some coffee into a mug. I pulled open the fridge to grab the milk, and found a note tapped to the milk carton. I smiled and pulled it off, setting the milk on the counter. I read the note aloud. "Hey Sophie, sorry I couldn't stay for breakfast. The office called me in early, but I'll be home for the party tonight. I promise. I love you.

-Jessie"

I smile and fix my coffee, staring out the window and down at the New York traffic below. I look at the wall and see a picture of me and Jessie. Jessie's black hair, bangs slightly covering his face. My green hair, curled. A smile plays on my lips as I take a big drink. Jessie, only being twenty-three, inherited his fathers business only a year ago, around the time I met him. About six months ago, we moved in together, once we became sexually active. Tonight was our engagement party and I was excited. I texted Andy and the guys and they promised they were coming. I also texted Ronnie, and Marzia and Felix, also Dan. I haven't seen these people in forever, and I was so excited. I even texted Patty and he said he'd try and come. No promises though. I sit down and smile, turning on the radio next to the couch. "Made a wrong turn, once or twice." I smile as Pinks Fucking Perfect comes on. I dance around the apartment as I pull on some black skinny jeans and a black inverted cross, flowy shirt, over a black tank. I run a brush through my hair and decide to go for a walk. I slip on some black converses and grab my house keys, and sunglasses, then head for the door. I slip on my shades as I step in the elevator and press ground floor. I wait patiently as I watch the numbers tick by, before it finally hit ground. I step out of the elevator and smile at the doorman as he opens the door for me.

I walk into Central Park, replaying a scene from my past.

*Flashback*

I walked a little further into the city then hailed down a cab. As I got in the cab a very nice kid, maybe a few years older then me, smiled at me. I smiled back politely and said "Central Park please" and handed him a ten dollar bill. He just nodded and drove. We got there fairly quick, most would say it was slow but it was New York traffic.

I got there by 11:00. Fuck, I thought. The meet-up started at 12:00. I was gonna grab a pretzel before I went but I was to nervous. The meet-up was by the fountain. I walked to the fountain slowly taking my time, looking at the rats with wings and then, out of no where a fucking turkey comes out. A fucking Turkey??? Really New York?!?!? How classy. I was soon at the fountain and freaking out!

*End of Flashback*

I smile brightly as I walk into Central Park and towards the fountain. So much has changed in my life, I think and sigh. But, I noticed there was a crap ton of people around, laughing and joking around. Shit! Today was the Youtuber meet up. I totally forgot! Youtube told me to come, and I forgot. Well, better late then never. I smile and slip my sunglasses off my face. All of a sudden a large group of people come at me, smiling brightly. "Hello beautiful people" I shout, with the biggest smile on my face. They scream in response and I laugh.