13

Namjoon-Hoseok

Namjoon adjusted the glass on the table, placing it down and watched as the liquid in it had ripples from how it collided on the table.

Currently he was in his office, he casually slipped away from home while Jin lay sleeping. Namjoon knew what he did last night and he had to make a back up plan before the police were involved. He knew who to call for this, his best friend, he'll know what to do. He trusted him. His data was long removed from all of the industries files.

"Namjoon, he's here to see you." Jimin peered through the door, a wide smile on his face. His old partner in crime was back, but just to see Namjoon which he knew would upset him.

A man walked in, long legs and a wide smile spread across his face.

"Long time no see, Joon." He cocked his head to the side as he smiled, his teeth in full view. Namjoon nodded. "Indeed it has, Hoseok"

He stood from his desk and gave him a hug. "It's been too long..." He said quietly to the younger as he laid his head on his shoulder.

Namjoon could feel the sadness in his words and he hugged him tighter. "I know, but we can't let Jin know you work for me."

"Why did you have to take this job, Joon? You could've finished your degree in music and keep making what you loved! did you really have to do what your father wants?"

"Yes, it's for the sake of Jin, for you"

He held the others cheek. Hoseok missed this, being this close to him. It's been so long since he felt anybody this close to him. Hoseok knew why Namjoon couldn't date him anymore. The job was a dirty one and he didn't want him to be tangled in the mess.

"I know Namjoon." He let go of him and smiled sadly, clapping his hands gently, he says "So! What did you call me for?"

Namjoon leaned back to his desk, resting by the rim of the table. "Jin knows.."

When those words left his mouth, Hoseok felt his heart drop.

"H-How?"

Namjoon was always careful. Hoseok knew how Namjoon was. Always making sure to check the stove three times before leaving, always checking his pockets afraid he left his wallet, always always careful, unless it was on purpose.

Hoseok looked up at Namjoon, eyebrows furrowed.

"Why did you do it?"

"I wanted to see if he trusted me enough to do anything."

Hoseok was breathing heavy. "You love him, but-but what if he betrays you, Namjoon?" He held Namjoon's face, hands shaking. 

"Everything your family and everything you worked for, will be gone!" 

He held onto the older's hands. His eyes were so soft and his smile was so beautiful to Hoseok. 

"I know he won't, he loves me and I love him." His breath hitched as those words escaped his mouth.

It was stupid. To be in love with a man who was already set on another. Yet his heart yearned for him everyday, everything he did was for him. He knew he had good intentions to stay friends and to be broken up, but he wished he stayed with him. He would be in such a better place with someone who knew and someone who was okay with what he was doing.

Someone like Hoseok.

He wanted Namjoon back so badly, but he knew he couldn't have what he had with him back then, it hurts him to know that, to be reminded every day when Jin goes into work with a bright smile and the smell of Namjoon's pine cologne lingering on Jin's jacket. How everyday he gets to drive home to the most amazing man in the world, waiting for him with open arms.

He hated it.
Hated how that could have been him.

All he could do was respect Namjoon's decision.

'But I love you too..'

Hoseok said quietly to himself, knowing that Namjoon will never know.

"Alright, what do you need me to do?"

"Distract him, make sure he doesn't find out about Taehyung. He's the only agent not found out. Jungkook's cover can be recovered if he puts up his act more, make him believe that it's a different Jungkook."

Hoseok nodded, not questioning whatever Namjoon told him. "Okay, you can trust that I'll be successful." Hoseok boasts playfully, patting Namjoon's shoulder.

Namjoon nods in agreement. "I trust you, don't worry."

"Well, I'll take my leave. Call me if anything happens Joon." He waves towards the taller man and leaves the room, watching Namjoon wave back with a smile on his face.

When he reached his car, Hoseok screamed, in pain, in heartbreak and in all of the emotions bottled up within him. It hurt so much.

"Why him Namjoon? Why not me! I loved you first! I was there for you when you needed it!...I was...I was there for you, I was your first in everything." He leaned his head on the steering wheel and cried.

"You're happier without me Namjoon, it hurts so much..."

His fists curled around the steering wheel, leaving a rubbing sensation on his skin, burning it as he held the wheel tighter.

"He's with Jin now, he's happy, happy...Aish, Hoseok you idiot." He said to himself as he started the engine, drying his tears and putting on a big smile.

"Now, let's make Namjoon happy." He said to himself as he drove off to the police station, and seeing a tall man that he was just about to see. He parked his car and ran out of it, racing towards the older.

"Jin-Hyung!"

"Oh! Hoseok!" Jin said, he seemed jumpy, holding his thermos with care.

Hoseok took note of this and just kept his smile, he's been doing it since earlier, why not now? What can one fake smile do?

"Come on! Let's go to work!" He pulled the older and entered the doors.