48

Third Person P.O.V

Jin was in shock. 'Shock' wasn't the right word to even explain his feeling or the emotions that overwhelmed his chest and his head. 

'What did Namjoon say? wHAT DID NAMJOON SAY-' He kept screaming internally, externally he was frozen in place. 

"W-Wait, say that again?" 

"Runaway with me." The younger man smiled. That damn smile. Of course, Jin was flabbergasted at that moment. The one before him was his ex, a leader of one of the biggest mafia syndicates, and his target. If he were to arrest him, his position would go higher and at least a percentage of crime would lessen. 

"Joon, do you even know what you're asking?"

"I do. I'm willing to risk everything for you to be with me."

"But, how are you sure I'm willing to risk everything for you?" 

Jimin's violin playing wavered when he overheard this but he kept playing. The other two boys were quietly panicking. What were they to do in this situation, when they themselves weren't prepared for a situation like that. But of course, life isn't a fantasy. 

Namjoon was quiet, thinking, fighting with himself for even blurting that question out. 
"I have a job back at home, I've worked hard for years to reach my position. I have a life back there. How are you so sure I'll drop everything and leave?" Jin didn't know whether to get angry or to keep talking. 

Namjoon was still quiet. 

Jin stared at him. 

The food was already forgotten. Cold and soggy.

"How am I so sure, that later on, you won't stop lying to me again."

"Jin, you know I won-"

"That didn't stop you. You did it before, you can do it again." All of the grief and hatred he had over these years, all of them started to burst. 

"A relationship has trust embedded in it. But you lied to me for the years we were together! Years Namjoon, years!" His eyes started to tear up. He knew he once loved the man before him, but he couldn't bring himself to throw away everything for love. This isn't a fantasy and he has his priorities straight. 

Capture the target. Go back home. 

Everything was falling apart in his head. So was Namjoon. 

"Is that really how you feel?"

", oh for god sake, of course, it is! What are you talking about? why wouldn't I say this if it wasn't how I really felt?!" Jin shouted so loud that it made both Taehyung and Jungkook jolt. 

"This isn't some, fairytale where it's always a happily ever after in the end." Jin couldn't help but shout his feelings. He was reminded of what happened before when Namjoon told him who he really was. "You can't just woo me with dinner and music Namjoon! I'm not that shallow of a person to go back to your arms!" 

How could he have been so blind. Yoongi planted this, and made him go into an impossible mission because he wanted them to get back together. Months in Singapore and all for nothing? What about the actual crimes happening back home? 

The younger sat still. 

"Hyung, I think you should-" Jimin let the Violin stay in his hand, the other moving closer to the enraged adult. "Shut up Jimin!" The younger retracted his hand, spine tingled with fear. He's never heard Jin shout with such malice and hate in his voice.

"I'm not going back to you Namjoon, I'm sorry if it seemed like I'll come crawling back to you. But I've come to realize that, no. Even if you buy me the moon, I won't come back to you." 

Namjoon stayed quiet and stood from his seat. Picking something out of his pocket and placed it on the table. 

"This was supposed to be for you after...nevermind, you can have it now." Namjoon walked away from the table and disappeared into the darkness. When Jin turned around he saw that the three behind him were gone as well. The once beautiful and glimmering garden, looked abandoned and dark now. 

He reached over the table to see what Namjoon dropped and saw that it was a USB. 

What was inside the USB when he went back to the hotel, lists, tabs upon tabs as he opened. Names of top mafia bossses back in korea, gangs, drug dealers and almost every country in Asia. Namjoon was powerful, and he was willing to rat out his partners and sponsors just for Jin. 

"I'm not going back to the naive little boy that fell in love with the wrong person." Jin pocketed the USB and walked away. Namjoon watching from afar with Jimin comforting him. 

"It's okay, Joon. He just wasn't the one you know? There's a lot more people out there-" 

"Please leave me alone for a bit." Namjoon said quickly. Taehyung and Jungkook made eye contact with Jimin, beckoning him to follow what their Hyung said to leave and wait outside when he's ready.

"Idiot." 

happy one year anniversary to the book. made a new book called "tyrant" wanted to go more into yoonmin in my fanfics.